Rate this Mythological Creature: The Centaur?

a half-human, half-horse creatures in Greek mythology. They have the body of a horse and the torso, head and arms of a man. They were considered to be the children of Ixion, king of the Lapiths, and Nephele, a cloud made in the image of Hera. According to a different myth, however, they were all born from the union of a single Centaurus with the Magnesian mares.

One of the best known centaurs is Chiron or Cheiron, a wise centaur. Although most centaurs were depicted as lustful and wild, Chiron was a notable exception; modest and civilised, he was known for his medicinal skills and teaching abilities. He lived on Mount Pelion in Thessaly and was the tutor of a number of Greek mythical characters such as Achilles and Aesculapius. He was immortal; however, he was accidentally wounded by Heracles with an arrow treated with the blood of the monster Hydra, causing him insufferable pains. So, when Heracles asked his father to free Prometheus and Zeus demanded that someone must be sacrificed, Chiron volunteered and died, both to free Prometheus and himself from the pain.

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 i like it a lot
  • 3/5 meh they are ok
  • 2/5 i dont really like it
  • 1/5 i hate it
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!

Most Helpful Girl

• 10/10 incredible creature. Human enough to have an interesting and vaguely similar society and culture, but different enough to make it novel. Strong, smart, and with plenty of different iterations and subtypes to let them be versatile and good for more than just one basic role. Really big and potentially scary looking, but the human half gives it familiarity and the possibility of comfort. A+ creature all around.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Centaurs are cool. Centaurides are even better :P

• I think they are pretty cool. 4/5 The only time i've seen them in action was in Harry Potter XP haha don't laugh toto

• They are pretty cool. I remember Hercules married the last golden one in the TV show and she was murdered on her bed R. I. P kid

• I'm call out the elephant in the room. Is the penis horse sized? 😎😂

• I like it but would hate to be one. Just, nahhhh.

• I've always had a thing for these. They look pretty cool

• I love this one

What Guys Said 10

• They are kinda cool, especially in Xena & Hercules tv series, and Motaro from Mortal Kombat is my favorite boss character :D

• haven't gotten a chance too go see it myself so not sure if it's real or fake

i.usatoday.net/.../...er-stage-F3R9BL5-x-large.jpg

usatoday30.usatoday.com/.../1

• Very cool. I love half-humans. Partly because half human creatures,(as apposed to monsters), are always hot when female. lol 😉 (Half-human monsters can be hot too, but not always. For example, harpies are too violent...)

Anyway, getting back to centaurs, my favorite animal/human creatures are ones partly of an animal I love the original from of. Horses are one of my favorite animals. I also like warrior creatures. Not necessarily in my top 10, but definitely one of my favorites.

• As a Sagittarius, it's like, my sign, man.

• Good choice my friend.

• 10/10

• 4/5 i like it a lot

• It's an awesome creature. I liked them in the Narnia series. Lol at the tags smh.. Why?

• They're pretty cool