Is it creepy or weird that I am intrigued in watching documentaries about pedophiles?

I DO NOT condone the behavior of pedophiles. I think they are sick and twisted individules who need help.
But is it weird i am intriguing in watching documentaries on them and observing their stories? I find it very interesting. Is it bad?

• Yes its creepy
  • No irs normal

Most Helpful Guy

• Creepy or weird? Not at all! You are transcending your mind into the thought process of someone else very different from you. That is true worldliness and love of true education and learning.

It would be closed minded to be one those people who is somehow AFRAID to try to understand others differently than you.

• Thanks for the comment:) Thank goodness its a normal feeling after all haha.

• Yup you're not weird, just intellectually curious. ✌

What Guys Said 10

• I say no as you may be trying to understand them, and maybe working through some of your own discovery.

But be careful because I noticed in myself when I'd watch too much of something I'd start to have different thoughts and feelings and they weren't good. It may be how you perceive what you are seeing. For example... so many "ministers" who crack against gay people... end up going gay... there is something psychological in how we handle these thigns. So step back and ask yourself why you are doing this, don't judge them or you will be judged kinda thought...
    They are sick of course!

• I used to love To Catch a Predator. But just like I like to watch documentaries about Prison that don't mean i'm ever going to jailn lol. So yes it's ok and. normal

• It's just documentary for educational purposes, doesn't mean you are supporting pedophilia

• If there was no interest in their stories, there would be no documentaries. So I think it is normal.
    What I think is tragic is that people can not even talk about this issue without the all caps caveat to declare "I do not support them."

• It's a scary psychology they have that intrigues you. It;s like watching a car crash. I get bored of it after a while but people have to realize the world is a dangerous place and not be so sheltered and contemptuous of the world.

• it sounds like normal to me, but if you get aroused by listening to some pedophile stories then its weird.

• Hmm, it seems to me there aren't many documentaries on pedophiles - are you scraping the Dark Net?

• Trust me, there are a ton on youtube. And no i dont even know the first thing to get on the dark web and dont even wanna try haha.

• No it's not. You're just curious about what the hell is wrong with them.

• Nah, women have this ability to do shit like that.

• It is a subject that intrigues you. I am facinated by the Third Reich, but that does not mean I agree with what they did nor that I would want to do something similar.

What Girls Said 12

• "B" for Benefiting you to be More educated on something that Everyone should Know about and be aware of.
    I am Into Forensics, I find this Very Intriguing... I watch Investigation Discovery a lot, And the More I watch, The More I learn.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• No, it's like watching Dateline on TLCor other murder related shows lol. It's just interesting to see what goes on in the minds of these sick twisted individuals.

• I enjoy watching documentaries about serial killers. I don't condone it. I wouldn't go on a killing spree. It's just an interest.

• Now that you mentioned it, i like watching those too lol

• Ever watch the biographies. com documentary on H. H. Holmes? It's one of the most detailed documentaries I've found on him.

• It's fine.. you're just curious

• I watch crime documentaries of whatever type sometimes, because I like to see how the cops caught the perpetrators

• I love game of thrones and I am not a violent person. My best friend adores documentaries, she told me about one she watched on hitler and that she loved it. She is the most compassionate person I have ever met.

• I dont think so. I like watching documentaries about life of serial killers and terrorists but it does not mean I like the terrorist mentality!

• not really. i find cannibalistic behaviors very intriguing too. Its not like i want to be a cannibal, it just helps to understand their thought processes because its so messed up.

• I love watching Dateline, Criminal Minds, Castle, Bates Motel, The Mentalist, etc. I'm definitely not a murderer haha

• It means you're human. We're all fascinated by the gross and sick.

• Any advice on how to neutralize the virgin hunter?

• That's not weird, if anything it makes you more aware and informed, in which you see/acknowledge there are bad people in this world. There are people who take interest and study of or about these sorts of individuals (such as behavioral health) to better understand or distinguish the nature of pedophiles, psychopaths, etc. That, in a sense, is similar to your interest in those sorts of shows.