Is it normal that I am more productive during night for writing my dissertation?

I simply can't concentrate the entire day and feel sleepy but at night its so smooth and I can write peacefully. It has ruined my schedule and I hate it absolutely but I think its beneficial for me to work during nights rather than day at least while I am writing the thesis. Does it make sense?

• Yes it okay
  • Nah, it may ruin your body clock
  • I feel the same

Most Helpful Guy

• I was exactly the same during my dissertation! I was in the library from 10pm until 4am! It was quieter and easier for me to find the books I needed. I just kind of found my zen at that time, and came out with a high 2:1! Whatever works for you, make the most of it!

Most Helpful Girl

• I was meant to vote C but I voted A xD I'm the same as you, actually I had my final exams for university not long ago, and the only time I could work on them was at night time, when everything was peaceful, I am extremely active at nightime, which it can be really annoying because then I feel the urge to sleep all day and I just feel like I pretty much waste most of my day being tired af. But I guess that's how I'm wired, maybe I should look for a job at night time, I'd be way more productive xD

What Guys Said 5

• it's relatively normal. everyone is different some people thrive at night (i know i do) and others at other times

the rolling stones used to record from 7pm-7am... sleep for 8 hours and do it all again

• My sister is the same at this very moment. I'm pretty sure it will be the same for me. It's why I have trouble sleeping, sometimes, as my mind gets very active and works out problems while it's quiet and peaceful.

• yeah its totally normal. nothing to worry about

• Abnormal.

• As human evolved they split into 2 types the ones that hunted and gathered in the day and the ones who did other things and stayed guard at night the night ones had to do creative things at night to stay awake in alert you came from that branch so it's perfect normal and I'm the same way

What Girls Said 10

• Different strokes for different folks.
    I feel the same. Most others will tell you that it's best to get to work on assignments straight from the morning. I'm trying to get into that habit but I've always found it much easier to put my full focus into writing papers and other things I was assigned in the evening. Where I no longer felt my mind wandering to what else I could be doing at that point in time, or what I'll do later.

• Hey, when you're writing a dissertation, you do whatever works for you. If you're productive at night, work at night. If you start to feel negative affects, then it's time to rethink, but otherwise, go for it.

• Some of us are more night owls than early birds. I too am one of those people. There are less distractions at night and I am able to get more done. :)

• Yea it's basically normal. My best writing is done at night and I don't know why but I'm always motivated more at nightitme.

• Exactly how i am

• I don't see anything wrong with it.
    I usually do my work at night or 4am in the morning.
    Has to be this time, if not i can't concentrate.

• There are people who are more productive at night (Night Owls), and some in the moring (Early Birds). It's normal.

• I don't think it's necessarily good for you in the long run, but if that's what helps you work (and you're getting enough sleep and eating right so that you don't get sick), go ahead.

• Yes. Everyone has different times.

• Some people function normally depending on what time of the day