Should convicted cyber stalkers be allowed to use G@G?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

Most Helpful Girl

• Ideally, no. Any time I hear an instance of somebody being stalked, I always want to find the stalker and go mother goose on their ass.

... If mother goose made babies with Rambo that is.

What Guys Said 15

• Given that the Internet is quite anonymous I don't see how GAG would stop them until they violate the terms of service of the website.

Or are you in favor of background checks for every user? If so what other criteria would you include as justification for banning someone from GAG or any other website?

• Yeah, background check everyone. That would get rid of a lot of problem users, I'm sure.

• Yeah, because that's practical.

• pretty sure they're not allowed.

one member is already gone. sure they can find their way back if they stay hidden.

• Oh, yep. Had a conversation with Honey about it, but she won't ban him until he "violates the guidelines."

• If he's not allowed on the site to start with, then I don't understand the reticence.

• thats the thing, I don't know if he is or isn't. i just know that they got rid of his account he was using to stalk and harass other members, especially when it was revealed that he was a confirmed cyber stalker.

I'm assuming everyone is given multiple chances on GaG because GaG in of itself isn't some official governing entity.

• If this is in response to the odd blue anon saying "marry me pls, u so pwetty". I'm not sure how that is bannable?

If he is convicted wouldn't he have some kind of condition on his parole that forbids him contacting an individual? Breaking that would make it a criminal matter.

• courtwatchflorida.blogspot.ca/.../...victim-i.html

Scroll through. You'll find him.

• OK, i agree with you in principle, banning an generally unsavoury character. But unless you're the original victim there is little to stop him being here, he's served his time for that crime.

I'm sure the admins could IP ban but he'd easily get around that and they can't outright ban the well-known proxys because lots of legitimate users still use it.

• Unless solid evidence is presented, or said stalker fucks up in some way, not much can be done.

But no, they shouldn't be allowed.

• I'm not quite sure how you can ban someone. Yes, their account can be terminated, but what's to stop them setting up another?

• No, that'd be weird.

• No because I don't want to be stalked

• Yeah, why not? bit damning to assume they'll do it again put them on some shitty list or something and just have them monitored also pls don't tell my "cyber stalking" is a real crime.

• @HelloEveryone123456 oh, go down three bottles of advil already.

• I didn't do anything that bad...

• I know one convicted cyber stalker on this website. He trolls the fck out of me and has obvious mental issues but I told him I wouldn't expose him

• Uh, why would you do that? Do you not care at all for the safety of other users?

• Maybe as a reward for good behaviour while in prison, LOL.

• as long as they don't cause any trouble for other people and follow the site rules, i don't really care personally.

• No they shouldn't, can't the police put tracking mechanisms on his computer?

• Apparently, everyone in the world is incompetent when it comes to this schizo.

• @HelloEveryone123456 well maybe you fucking should be, schizo.

• I blocked his ass

• No, is that guy gone

• No, he isn't. He's back. You can find him commenting on this thread.

• I never considered trying...

• @HelloEveryone123456
      Well then by all means

• Definitely!

• Of course you would think so. You're the bloody problem.

• You fail to recognize why it was wrong. You blame everything but yourself. I would say that's lacking in understanding.

• But if I looked in the mirror, it would make me realize how pointless my life is going to be over the next 50 years...

There's nothing to hope for...

It's utterly pointless from here out...

• No. But stopping them is hard, i imagine.

What Girls Said 7

• There are actually convicted cyber stalkers on here?

• Yeah, the blue user who commented "definitely" is Patrick Macchione, a convicted cyber stalker.

• wtf holy shit

• @HelloEveryone123456
      The pettiest crime in history.
      1995-03-03 04:00:00 PDT CALIFORNIA -- TORRANCE - A man who stole a piece of pizza last summer has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison, sparking renewed debate over the state's tough "three strikes" sentencing law.
      Jerry Dewayne Williams, 27, of Los Angeles was convicted of felony petty theft in January for taking a slice of pepperoni pizza from a group of children, ages 7 to 14, eating at Adam's Pizza on the Redondo Beach pier on July 30.
      Superior Court Judge Donald Pitts imposed the stiff sentence on Williams, who had four previous felony convictions, after rejecting his attorney's argument that the punishment did not fit the crime.
      "Mr. Williams will be facing the same sentence as if he'd raped a woman, molested a child or done a carjacking because the statute does not draw distinctions," said Arnold Lester, Williams' public defender

• Meh.

Not of course.

:\

• hell no...

• They shouldn't be allowed but realistically.. It would be fairly hard - near to impossible if they use a good VPN service - to find out if they're actually using this site in the first place.

• Unfortunately, that would be impossible to prevent if they have Internet access.

• I;m sure they aren't supposed to be here.

• That's a stupid question. Why should they be allowed?

• Well, there's one running around and the admins won't do shit to ban him.

• What's his username?

• You can see him around this thread.