Where are you from originally? I was born in the US but from Italian parents. What about you?

for example, if you were born in the uk but are from turkish parents, say you are turkish.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 19

• My mother is Italian and is from & lives in Milan. I was born in England & say I am English, because I am half English. and have lived most of my life here. My sister is the same. She's half English, half Italian. She was born in England, but lives in Bergamo now, but she still says she is English.
    Saying your Turkish or Spanish or Italian is fine if your parents are that nationality, but it's when someone's American or English, but if their great great great great great great great grand parents are Italian/ Spanish or whatever and they still claim to be Soley that Nationality that's annoying about people, it's like they don't want to be American or English, there is a pretentiousness about it.

• Born in the USA, @mustacheguy.
    However, I have a Long Line on a Family Tree that Is: German, French, Irish, English, Dutch, French and Polish.
    lol!! I call myself a "Mongrel."
    Good luck and Great Genes. xx

• Born in Laos. Both parents are Hmong.

• I was born in the US, but my mom is from Jamaica.

• im from angola originally and i m living here, rumor has it tht my grandpa is from somewhere else but i forgot where

• My parents were both born in Canada. My father's parents were Italian. My mother's parents were both born in Canada. My maternal grandfather was born to a Chinese father and a Scottish mother. We have no idea about my maternal grandmother's parents' ancestry, though I believe they were also both Canadian and some flavour of white.

• you are not where your parents were born. wherever you were born is where you are from.

• ☝this.

What you're describing is ethnic background, OP.

• @Cosytoasty he may be a us citizen, but he's still originally from italy.

• @phil2

• I was born in Mexico, to a Polish couple.

• It would depend on the nationality law which can be divided in two principles.

The principle of jus soli:
      You adquire the nationality of the place you were born at, irrespective of your parents nationality. Examples include Mexico, Canada, the US, Jamaica.

The principle of jus sanguinis:
      You have nationality of your parents, regardless of where you were born. For example, Mexican, Polish, Japanese, and Korean people.

• I'm only Mexican because I was born in Mexico, I don't have Mexican blood.

• Read my comments and you'll see why.

• From the USA.
    Romanian, Russian and Polish ancestry.

• Uhm.

Born in Prague, Czech Republic; and so are my parents.

Yay.

• I am 100% Georgian. Except that my great grandma was Russian, it doesn't count i guess.

• Born in Australia but both my parents are Cambodian

• so you consider yourself Cambodian? or Australian?

• It would be awkward if you say you are Australian to someone who hasn't seen you nor your picture and when that someone meets you in-person, they'll see a Cambodian looking girl.
      That is why i believe you should say you are Cambodian.
      I look totally Italian even though i was born in the states from Italian parents, so when i talk to someone on the phone who hasn't seen me, i tell her that i am Italian born in the states. This way she expects an Italian looking man!

• Yeah whenever someone ask me in real life, I just say Cambodian but born in Australia

• I was born in Russia, from Russian-Polish mother.

• Mother French, father Lebanese with some Italian genes in there.

• so you are Arab, correct? (since your Father is)

• Okay. Seems like you love being French. more power to you. to me, you are your father's sperm! We all are! Therefore to em, you are an Arab living in France speaking French. Cool!

• WTF hahahahahahhahahah.

• I'm Jamaican, born and raised. Both of my parents are also born and raised Jamaicans.

• Serbiaaa

• Same here

• Im Floridian and so are my parents

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 8