I want to Join the Army?

I want to join the army but I want to do part time schooling as well, how does everything go? who do i talk to? an what kind of position is there so i don't get deployed and fight?

Most Helpful Guy

• Talk to your recruiter and do your research. I was Marine Corps and it would go 13 weeks Bootcamp.. then you get 10 day boot leave and could extend with RA (recruiting assistance) Then MCT (Marine Combat Training) 3 weeks then to MOS School if you were non infantry. Infantry goes to ITB (Infantry Training Battalion) which is an extended and much more difficult version of MCT. I just know Marine Corps.. not army but I'm sure it's similar.

With active duty you won't be able to school much at all so don't listen to your recruiting when he or she says that. If you don't want to get rough and dirty then join the Airforce. Most people who join the Army are complete dumbasses who couldn't get into university and from what I've seen they don't know shit about combat. I wouldn't feel safe in any deployment zone in the Army tbh.

There are a lot of non-combat MOS's in the military and most units are no longer being deployed overseas. What you have to realize that most of our US military isn't getting shot out there on a regular basis. Almost all casualties are due to road side bombs a. k. a IEDs. Any unit.. whether or not it's infantry in a hot zone or a non-infantry unit like motor t in a green zone.. you could hit an IED and take some small arms fire. That's how combat actually plays out in the middle east. So if you aren't willing to put yourself in a position like that then don't join.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can do army ROTC through a college or university and then commission into active duty when you graduate or talk to a recruiter.

What Guys Said 3

• If you're in the Army no matter your position you can always be deployed at any time. Consider the Navy airforce or coastguard instead. Even though you can be deployed with them too you'll be away from the action. You won't be able to do what you're wanting because the needs of the service is what matters and trumps everything

• You can study engineering and medicine in the army

• You have to talk to a recruiter first.

What Girls Said 0