How can I stay happy?

Last year I got really depressed. I stopped talking to people, I was sad all the time, and was debating suicide. In the end I decided that I couldn't do that to my mom, her mom committed suicide. After that I tried to be happy...
It's been a couple months now. I've been trying to lose weight, be more social, be happy. But I lost all my friends when I got depressed and haven't made new ones, though I have been trying. When I look in the mirror I feel completely disguised, I'm fat, I'm ugly, and I have scars on my right thigh... I feel like nothing will get better. I'm trying but I'm still fat, I still don't have friends, and I am still not happy. I've started feeling sad again but I don't want to go back there! I don't know what to do.

How can I stay happy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, you have to promise me to read this, the WHOLE way through, and think, and be smart, and I can tell you what helped me out of the deep, dark sewer of desperation.
    Suicide is not a good way out!! What if Reincarnation is REAL? What if you kill yourself, and because you bailed out, you get sent back as a Lazy-boy chair, for a REALLY FAT GUY, that FARTS A LOT!! Want to take the risk?
    I hope you smile at that!! Nobody can ever defeat you, unless YOU surrender to them!! Someone famous said something like that, I think, but I don’t know who, but does it matter?
    YOU need to take back YOUR POWER to be YOU, and forget what all the other idiots around you say!! Who are they to tell you that you aren’t the MOST PERFECT INCARNATION of YOU? Do they know anything about you, or do they just judge, by what they think they see?
    If those ‘friends’ left, because you were depressed, do you really need them? They don’t sound much like ‘friends’ to me. I only, really have one, now, but I know he has my back, and he’s been there, and I have for him. Did they support you, when you needed them?
    Are you judging yourself on the societal ‘norms’, the boney anorexic ‘models’ that a strong wind would just blow away? Why not just find your own ‘Power’ and focus on what you do well, or what gifts you have? Who are they to tell you that you are ‘fat’? There was a time when being softly sensuous, and curvaceous was more desired, as a symbol of wealth, prosperity, and social status.
    The sad truth, is that unless you are highly medicated, or in a ‘cult’, being ‘happy’ is an occasional thing, at best!! Work with it, and find the simple joys in what you love! Find something that you are good at, and love!!
    Each day, you get up, and you think it will be better, and if you have a joy, like baking, cooking, or whatever, doing that drives you. You meet people, through that, and someday, who knows!!
    Just NEVER, EVER give up, and let those bastards get you down!!
    You make your reality, and you can see the Beauty in you, in the mirror, and smile, that you survived whatever caused that scar!

What Guys Said 5

• Depression is only worsened when you are not doing anything productive. Try getting a job, going to the gym, going on walks. Anything to keep your mind off of your depression because the more you think about it the worse it gets.
    Try watching funny movies, trying new things getting out of your comfort zone. :)

• Set realistic goals

• Stop trying to be happy. Just live on a day to day basis. Work on yourself and your goals.

• You can stay happy if you'll be my friend 😂 LOL
    Just be positive and you'll rock 💁

• Fake it till you make it...

What Girls Said 1

• Do what makes you happy (: try new things. Be obsessed over new things you like (: