Do you think that using arson and explosives to destroy property (as long as no one gets hurt) is a violent act?

• Yes
  • No
To clarify, I mean if you use it to destroy someone else's property against their will but you don't hurt them.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 17

• I think in most countries it's classified as a violent crime. However this is one reason why it's so difficult to compare crime statistics between countries. Each country has their own way of categorizing crimes and they are not all the same. Even with standardized UN definitions for reporting, countries still use their own definitions internally, then try to convert to UN standards.

Also, if someone dies in an arson, even if it's not intentional, it's classified as murder. I think it's around the 5-6th leading method of murder in the US.

• arson is defined as a criminal activity and even if you don't specifically hurt them hurting their property is considered damages

• keep in mind that violence is defined as... behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.

• If I work, spend my life, building something, and you destroy it, then you have destroyed part of my life. How have you not hurt me?

• @Intraluminal are you just echoing my statements because i'm in full agreement and haven't said anything otherwise. i said that arson is violent act regardless if it is against a person or property

• While violence is defined as... behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something. Using arson and explosives to destroy property can be seen as an violent act because arsonists are usually reckless and don't care if people get caught in the wake of their flames which more often then not can get out of control or lead to even more damaging fires. And it is defiantly a crime.

• Its criminal and violent. You dont know who is on that property. There could be a kid playing. There could be a dog in it. If you destroy the home on the property you can. Even if you know no one would get hurt there are still is and possibilities that people would get harmed. There could explosive debris flying 300 feet hit a motorcyclist kill him and making him get into an accident and kill others.

• It's done all the time to bring buildings down to build something new on the sight

• arson isn't the same a general demolition, which seems to be what you are talking about
      arson is a criminal act of deliberately setting fire to property for malicious purposes

• yes. a violent act can be perpetrated against a noun (not to sound crass) but any person, place or thing

• It's certainly violent against the property

• It'violent and criminal.

• Violence is the violation of rights. So, yes.

• To destroy somebody else's property without consent is vandalism. It's close to violence, I suppose, but not quite.

• yes of course, you're destroying

• Yeah. Why you wanna know? lol

• 99 percent of the time yes,

• if someone is in the building that is a first degree felony I believe with a possibility of a manslaughter charge if he/she dies. But if nobody is in the building then I believe it's just a 2nd-3rd misdemeanor.

• It's extremely violent.

• Yes of course it is lol

• No as long as your hurting your own stuff you fine.

• Do explosions go boom?

• Using force to destroy or injure someone or some-thing- is violent.

What Girls Said 4

• I certainly Do, @4465loveyou5577.
    I would Not want Anything of Mine, Especially all of my Precious Memories, Destroyed.. I would rather die First.
    There is Nothing worse than Fire and Water, Even if Everyone comes out "Smelling like a Rose," you could Say, Being Safe.
    Good luck. xx

• *Private Property Anyways. xx

• I mean if someone else uses that method to destroy someone else's property.

• If you Mean Private Property, it is a Crime for sure.
      However, If someone with Authority is given Legal Authority to Destroy Property that deems to be destroyed, then this is okay. xx

• That's like really showing how much you hate that person and want to make them miserable, so it's passive aggressive.

• anything involved with arson and explosives can harm someone even if it's not meant to which is why it's still violent. just like why punching a wall is violent, it implies you like punching and might do it to a person.

• Does that make fireworks "violent"?

• not unless ur aiming it at things other than the sky, i saw some random kids a couple months back aiming firecrackers at buildings and each other so that's going too far. if it's used properly for entertainment then it's not violent.

• It's a passive form of violence, I think.