MEN: have you ever been annoyed or frustrated/angered to the point of tears?

once in a blue moon, especially if I'm sleepy or have been working too much, something will piss me off so much I'll have a little cry.. then probably give up and watch netflix. I'm curious if this ever happens to men. if so, share what it was

• yes
  • no
  • I'm a female.

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember I was getting IT'd when I was 17 in bootcamp in the squadbay. 4 drill instructors cornered me and were pushing me up against a wall and spitting in my face. Just screaming on the top of their lungs how they are going to kill me lol. Kept telling me to do drill with my rifle in between when they would IT me. Every time I would hold out hands to grab the rifle in port arms my kill hat drill instructor would intentionally slam it as hard as he could. The barrel would hit against my face.. not pointed at me but the side of the barrel kept hitting my face and it fcking hurt.

It wasn't emotional tears but it was just so fcking overwhelming because I've never been in a situation like that. Being 17 having four grown ass men.. none the less combat veterans haze you like that is scary as shit. I pissed my pants a little too and I'm not even saying that to be funny lol. It was just my body's reaction to such a stressful response.

This is EXACTLY how it fcking goes down. LOL just have to laugh looking back but when you are actually there and you are so young it's scary as fck.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lrxt5RU5Kk

Most Helpful Girl

• oopss i didn't click i'm a female.. i cry when im pissed off, bad for arguments but good for guilt tripping

• lol at guilt tripping. I can't do that. I always try to hide it.

• im bold with crying only with my family, as a girl in a family of mostly guys my mom doubles the punishment if i cry hard enough haha good thing i have a penchant for drama

What Guys Said 29

• There have probably been a handful of times in my life that that's happened, but it's pretty rare. I don't remember it getting to that point anytime in the last 10 years, and they've easily been the most difficult years in my life.

I don't cry easily, but when I do, it's more likely to be because of someone else's pain (someone close to me) than for my own.

• May be a personality thing... it was hard for me for most of my life to cry (I was shut down) and introverted. So, if I was frustrated, I'd just shut down, withdraw emotionally until I come back out of my shell, but I don't recall crying.

In ealry years, around 16 that did happen (early life)... one time I recall that I was accused of committing a crime at a raqueball court... someone went into the womens restroom, took a purse and dumped the contents in the hallway... the description was close resemblance to me. I'm brutally honest and was hurt they'd even accuse me. The girls who worked there added insult to injury when they didn't believe me... they couldnt' prove anything, but they seemed so convinced it was. I just cried that someone would so "discredit my honesty". I still remember the woman who accused me! And I found out who the idiot was who did it... and this really pisses me off... he was a good looking, tall kid (I'm short and honestly I was a ratty kid), he had control of the women who worked at the club, they were in their 20's. That so downgraded my opinion of females at the time that they were blinded by this good looking guy who was really a creep and a jerk.

Attraction is blinding! I didn't know then.

• It's not anger that causes tears. Frustration, I guess--and no. Annoyance, no. I've been so angry that my entire body began shaking, and my firsts curled up into a ball of iron. I guess so angry that I just got an adrenaline rush. That was a couple years ago when this dude was fucking with me at work. Just poking me with a metaphorical stick, trying to get a rise out of me after I had treated him really well and taught him how to do the job. I went to him, told him exactly the same thing that I felt about the situation. He chilled out for a day or two, then the next he was right back at it. At that point I was really on the verge of going to prison for a long while. That's probably the one time I've been so close to completely losing myself. I was seriously going to hurt that guy, ex Marine or not. But, my fear of prison got the better of me, thankfully.

• Very very human to cry. Such a release from those suppressed emotions of sadness and anger. In my case it has mostly been because of life decisions and mistakes and feelings of not having done certain things, spoke my mind or expressed my feelings when I should have, due to fear of consequences or whatever reasons. This builds up over time and then someday just explodes. Its good, once in a while.

• Only if you count one time when I had some personal stuff happen the exact same week I finished my steroid cycle and my testosterone and estrogen levels were off. Pretty embarrassing actually lol, but that's the power of hormones.

• Yes, there's been situations where I got so mad that I felt the same symptoms as when you're gonna cry. I don't recall tearing up, though, but I was close to.
    It's not easy to get me angry, but this was like an extreme case.

• When tears roll down my face and I'm not crying !!! Be afraid , be very afraid

• can't recall being angered to the point of tears, i find a way to cool off and think about the problem rationally instead. Saddened to tears definitely.

• everyone cried from sadness though.

• I donoo some men can keep it bottled even in the saddest situations, never seen my dad cry literally, even when my uncle died in an accident.

I just seem to release anger before it reaches tears, even it means smashing something.

• Angered? Yes. I've cried out of anger already.

• what angered you?

• One thing that some people did to me when I was 16 (not mentioning what it was, but I solved the issue back then) and some other things in other situations. It rarely happens though.

• It happens, usually when the pressure gets to high.
    But it was so long ago i can't remember what it was about, its one of the rare cases that i cry.

• Nah I take my anger out on my punching bag in my workout room. Stress relief lol also working out simply helps calm me as well.

• Not yet just get more pissed usually.

• Well hmm, yes of course. Sometimes though that saying of "fuck it, watch netflix" doesn't work

• I tear up fairly often because I'm not afraid of allowing myself to really feel. But I did cry recently when I found out a close friend i've known since high school was taken in an accident.

• Of course, we're humans...

• been there.. done that.. screw netflix, come to GAG and get the support

• lol, coming on gag while upset is the worse thing ever to. do. people on here are such assholes sometimes. they'd make it way worse.

• lol. somehow Im not doubting that

• yup happens to me. but once im angry its very hard for me to get cool down. thats why i hate anger

• I detach myself from everything before I come to that state.

• When I am pissed, I bang my head till I am afraid to do it anymore

• Not since puberty.

• No, I've never cried do to a challenge...

• I never said anything about challenges.

• Sorry I just assumed you had a thesaurus on hand somewhere... There was a line of events beginning with "been working too much" then it moved to "cry" then it ended with "give up". To me seemed like a challenge...

• yes i have.. The last time i was cheated on.

• no, i just feel like going outside and beating random people to shit.

• Yes I have. Everyday lol

• Yes it's happened a few times!

• Nope.

• Yeah last night lol

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• That's usually the only reason I do cry.

• So much of them are wimp I see lol XD