What is the difference between Arabs and Iranians?

0|0
1|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Iranians are citizens of Iran, the country. It's not an ethnicity. Most people in Iran are Persians. Persian and Arab are different ethnicities.

1|1
    0|0
    • Their writings seem similar, they look alike, and they are both Muslims (at least the ones i know)
      since i know people from Iran and also Lebanon and Syria and Palestine.

• It might look similar to people unfamiliar with the languages, but they're two different languages: Arabic and Farsi. Most people in Iran are Shia Muslims. There are Persians who aren't Muslims, and Arabs who aren't Muslims too.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Arab" is what is known as a "pan-ethnic group" united mostly by the common use of the Arabic language. It is not in itself a nationality. Yes people in Saudi Arabia are Arabs, but so are most Egyptians. Although the vast majority of Arabs are Muslims, not all are. "Iranian" is of course a nationality. Iran is a country and the nationality of those who live there is "Iranian." These people are Persians and use the Persian language (Farsi).

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. But is it not true that Iran used to be called Persia? Is what i hear from my Iranian friends.

• Yes, what is now Iran used to be Persia, going back millennia.

• thanks for MH Guy opinion!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• Same difference between arabs and westerns , well we arw different in every possible way , they are the Persians and we are the arabs big cultural difference

1|0
    0|0
  • Iranian have a different cultural and ethical heritage. They are also called persian.

0|0
    0|0