Is being a hypocrite a natural human trait?

I've always wondered if every now and then we might have been hypocritical in something (can be anything). For instance, we might a trait that isn't really positive but expect the other person to not have that trait in them.

• It is, everyone is a hypocrite at some point in life
  • No it's not, being a hypocrite is a bad trait for any type of relationship
Example: someone so out of shape and overweight wants a fit athlete and criticizes those that are of his/her same condition.

Most Helpful Guy

• everyone at some point will believe they are in the right for doing an action or thought one way but then will have realized that maybe they actually believe it was wrong to do or think so, but because we're afraid to feel like we've lost something, we want to hold on to that hope and strength. It's not a BAD trait if it's something that's passive and happens at moments where its not detrimental to the relationship of you and others.

Example: If i tell everyone the cake Lisa made wasn't that great last weekend, but I remember I had seconds... I'm not gonna say it, but yeah I mean, maybe it wasn't the best but enough that I simply felt like eating more. Doesn't mean I'm SOME KIND OF HUGGGGGGEEE HYPOCRITE backstabbing, double wording liar. lmaoo... just means... "ok bitch... i actually kinda liked it... so what" lmaooo

Most Helpful Girl

• It Most likely is a "Natural human trait" that Many people May not even Realize... They do at Times.
    However, Some May be More of a Hypocrite than Another, And do it 'More'... Then a Normal person Should or Would.
    Good luck and Great question, @MelbaB xx

What Guys Said 16

• Um... I'll take a middle ground here.

I think most people do things that they otherwise think is wrong, but sometimes we might not notice it until someone mentions it to them. What matters there is if there is an acknowledgment and at least some attempt to change their patterns. Occasionally, people just don't notice the inconsistencies in their own lives.

• i'm not going to say everyone is a hypocrite because i don't konw anyone

but clearly it's a natural human trait. it develops organically in people

• Most people have been hypocritical on at least a few occasions. You are being hypocritical by expecting other people to not be hypocritical :p

• I think at some point, everyone is a hypocrite in something but there are people who make it a normal thing. Some are even open about it and don't care if they are or not. It makes them look totally ignorant, arrogant, unintelligent and they have no credibility. I just stop talking to them and stop reading/listening to anything they say. There's a few on here that skip over reading when they post. Even if it's on my own question/opinion.

• Every human is hypocritical about different things at different times, some more often and/or survier than others. Some things are criticized more often than others. Just like lying, envy, greed, etc. hypercriticism is a bad trait that everyone has at some points in their lives to some amount or another.

• Well, I never insult others you stupid fool, so I don't believe hypocrisy is a natural trait. I always treat peolle with respect you twit, so hypocrisy is out for me.

• It can be but if something a human is doing is not instinctual then no, it's not a natural human trait for everyone. What's natural is someone being themselves. If the person isn't mentally impaired i. e decisions altered by disorders, or mental conditions then every thing that person does would be considered their own unique natural trait.

• its a natural trait for a natural asshole

• i think everyone is a hypocrite at some point in their life

• manipulation is.

• I don't think most people understand hypocrisy.

It's not really common.

• I think everyone, including me, can be a hypocrite at some point

• Anything humans do is natural, it's in the nature.

• It is a bad trait, but I still voted A because everyone's been hypocritical at some point, yeah.

• It is a natural human trait, but that doesn't mean its a good one...

• Yea no one is perfect

What Girls Said 11

• I think so and maybe this might be hypocritical of me but here goes:
    I would react differently if one of my female friend threw a tantrum and even kicked a wall (might even dismissed it as she really was indeed stressed out but it wouldn't scared me at all) vs if a future boyfriend did that.

If a future boyfriend or potential husband did that however, I would totally reconsider the whole relationship/marriage because of I would scared of his temper. Any streak of aggression in a man is a deal-breaker to me... even him getting in my face and screaming at the top of his lungs, even if he didn't hit me.

• Everyone is a hypocrite at some point in their lives. It's just who we are.

• No.
    At least it shouldn't be.

• Vote A.

I try hard not to be, but when travelling o/s, I AM the tourist who HATES other tourists :P

• It's a common thing to have a he/she-said situation. *From my own experiences,* it tends to sprout from someone either being untruthful about the current situation that caused hypocrisy, or they just grew and changed as a person and that situation no longer applied to them as a person. My thoughts though, might not be the same for someone else! Hope that helped a little?

• yeah but it's what they do afterwards that is tells you tons about them.

• I think that a lot of people lack the self-awareness needed to be honest with themselves. It's not an easy thing to do and it can be very depressing. However, the more self-aware that you are, the better able you will be to respond to criticism.

• Probably so.

• Everyone is a hypocrite, EVERYONE! problem is most people dont realize they are hypocrites

• Yup I think so too.

• Absolutely it is