Have you been in a car wreck?

If so how bad was it and how much did it affect you?

I was in a really bad one 5 years ago where my car flipped a couple of times. Ever sense then I keep having reoccurring dream where I'm pressing the brakes. Though sadly they aren't working and I'm trying to avoid hitting anyone.

• Yes, severe
  • Yes, mild
  • Yes, only a small dent
  • I haven't
  • Can't drive
The injuries I got was just my entire body being extremely sore. I was severely lucky where my car landed because if it didn't land with my part in between something. My car would have crushed me to death.
http://i.imgur.com/98avlWz.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and I was six years old but it was a mild accident. The car spun after it was hit but it didn't flip over. After that incident I'm always alert even if I'm the passenger.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, two people in a car without insurance ran the red light and hit our car near the front tire/the driver's seat. The passenger fled the scene but was later caught. I was about 12 at the time, and my injuries were nonexistent. There were 4 other people in the car. My cousin (2 years old), my sister (two years younger), my mother, and my grandmother.

My cousin=no injuries, she was emotional though and cried
    My sister=a knot on her head
    My mother=She wasn't in pain at first. She just thought it was shock. But the back pain that resulted lasted for years, she had to go to therapy for several months. And her back is still not the same.
    My grandmother=Oh the JOY of hospitals. She was in a lot of pain when the shock wore off. She was wailing and crying in pain. The ambulance came and put her on a stretcher. We followed in the ambulance behind her. They 'checked' her and sent all of us home. But for days she couldn't breathe and it hurt for her to move. We went back to the hospital, and they finally did x-rays, FINALLY, it was something we thought they did day one. She was over 70 years old, and has to endure multiple fractured ribs for several days with no pain medicine. I was so pissed.

My mother had just got this new job at a plant, and she was finally making good money. But without insurance, we had no one to really pay for the damage. And since she had to go to physical therapy she couldn't do her job, so, they said they would take her back after a while but never did. it was terrible. The car was totaled. And she was the bread winner in a house with children, a retiree, and her. We struggled for a long time after that. But she's a rock star, and she's in a much better place. She's so strong.

What Guys Said 28

• First off, I'm glad your ok. Car accidents are serious and can have a big effect on a person afterwards. For me, it was a small accident where the guy pulled out in front of me and I hit him. I would say that was the best thing that's happened to me. Since then my awareness on the road is ten times better. I now pay close attention to not just what I'm doing, but also what's going on around me. I've avoided several accidents since then just by paying attention to that guy merging onto the interstate or the person not giving me the right of way.

• Damn. That sounds pretty intense.
    I have but know nothing about it. Haha.
    Here's why: I have mild epilepsy. I have to take prescription to control it. Can't rely on pills 100%. One day I was driving to college on a state highway (route). Suddenly I realized that I was not where I'm supposed to be. I was on the wrong route. I turned around and went back hoping I could get back onto the route I need. While driving back I kept hearing screeching sounds like a hard object is being dragged along the pavement. I pulled over and noticed that the right side of the rear bumper was hanging off the car and in contact with the pavement. And there was a dent on the left or right (don't remember) door. I called my dad and told him to pick me up because I was too scared to drive home. Still have no idea how the bumper and door got damaged. Nothing was on/in the news that night which could be related to me. I'm guessing it means I didn't kill or hurt anyone.

• I was in a wreck in "88 that knocked the out of my sails. I had several broken bones b

• a ruptured spleen, and several severed toes. Just when I thought the worst was behind me, my head came off! Talk about embarrassed!'

• Yeah, I was 16 and had a Subaru WRX STI. I took it down a twist country road. I got it going over a 100mph through a bend when the rear tires lost traction and the car spun into a ditch! It's a miracle no one was hurt... but that crash was the biggest lesson I have ever learned!!

• I was in one when I was about 6 years old where someone running a red light hit the side of the car I was in and we spun around and the car was all fucked up. I was actually in the back seat on the side that got hit, and the glass in the window next to me shattered and fell out. I actually didn't even notice it wasn't there anymore because I wasn't really paying attention hahaha, and somehow I wasn't hurt at all but some other people in the car hurt their knees or elbows or something.. The cars had to be towed I think.. the car of the guy who hit us was totaled. I voted "Yes, mild" though because it didn't really affect me psychologically or physically at all.

I've had a few other non-serious accidents where it was just a small dent in a bumper or whatever too, but I don't consider those wrecks.

• I lost my job and house and was angry as fuck, so my girlfriend asked me to stay home and not go out and try to calm down so I fought with her and went to the road for a "fast&furious" drive without putting my seat-belt ! on the 140 speed I lost control because of a stupid driver who tried to jump in my lane so I hit the paved way lost a wheel and car was making circles and I just removed my hands of the staring wheel and thought that's it, I couldn't see anything, I hit couple of things from sides and then from front and the car stopped, I started seeing people running toward the car scared and looking in a strange way at me so I started moving my self to see if nothing happened to me... after I checked my self and people got to me and pulled me out of the car I got my conceous back, the car was a wreck! and one big street light felt and some trees were chopped off but nothing happened to me thou !!!

• A few very close calls where i've gone for overtakes i shouldn't have. (in the UK we have a lot of single lane roads so we have to go into oncoming traffic when we pass) Never been in one yet.

• Almost died getting hit by a car on my bike at the age of 13 when it was doing 40mph and didn't break until after it hit me. Spent a week in the hospital with compound fractures to my wrist, ankle with a 6 inch hash to my leg that never healed well. At least I have full mobility but lost my perfect balance since my ankle couldn't be set perfectly due the risk of impacting my growth center.

• YESTERDAY!!! from the rain i spun and hit the wall on a highway haha SUCKS

• Kinda. My dad was driving my mom's car and we were going to a meeting at night and my dad unloaded on ol bucky. The airbag didn't go off or anything, but the car didn't come out unscathed

• I bumped into another car at a crossing with maybe 5km/h... officially a car wreck -_-

1 tiny bump you could barely call a scratch... but it was a brand new expensive BMW so it was expensive <_<

• Thank God, no! 😧
    I can't drive, but I live with my parents. My dad does all the driving, and apparently he's really good at it. 😊

• Totaled, but i had only a gash on my knee thats all

• Yeah I've been in 1-2 minor ones and narrowly avoided a fatal one.

• Severe-ish, 80kph into a ditch, nobody hurt, crack on! lol

• Fortunately, nothing severe. A slight bump.

• was t-boned by a 80 yr old driver. My head went through a windshield.

• Nope thanks to god

• I was 8. An SUV scraped the side of our car on a bridge. Dad barely maintained control.

• yeah, wasn't driving

• I walked away from two wrecks when I was a truck driver: a jackknife on black ice, and falling asleep and driving 200+ feet down into a steep ravine.

• wreck? Na
    accident? Yep, my own dumb inexperienced self's fault.

• You didn't even mention your injuries...

I broke six bones in my spine, four in my back and two in my neck and bruised the spinal cord in my neck...

Almost spent my whole life in a wheelchair...

• Ruined my car, and homecoming night.

• The other car was just hitting ours in the left corner of the car, wasn't much.

• no I can't say that I have

• Nah not really but that sounds bad

• I was behind a car that had my girlfriend in it. I saw the accident happen and she lost her life along with her dad. Saddest day of my life and he smile is something i cannot let go off. The reason why i chose to lead a single life. She was my best friend and lover. I miss her ;'(

What Girls Said 16

• I was in a car wreck, or pedestrian-car wreck, almost a decade ago. It was quite severe, I guess you could say. Left me in hospital for months after, in the ICU to be specific. It affected me quite a bit, leaving me a bit shell-shocked in terms of my physical abilities, as well as socially/academically.

• I have, I was driving through town to pick up my boyfriend when the car in front of me suddenly stopped. I didn't have time to hit the breaks and ended up hitting them. Their car was completely fine minus a spilled drink in the front seat. My car's front looked like a can opener got to it. No one was hurt either.

• I've never driven before so I've never been in an accident where I was the cause of it. I have been in almost accidents when driving with friends before though.

• my car went up inflames with me and my husband in it while we were driving and when we pulled over it was totally engulfed my husband got out unscathed but I got a 1st and 2nd degree burn that covers the back of my left leg from the knee to the ankle there was nothing left of the car or trailer we were towing

• Yea, recently actually. My boyfriend was driving me home around 11pm and out of nowhere he lost control of the wheel and crashed into the railing of the highway. We had the cat with us and my head was down cuddling with the cat so I didn't see what was actually happening. We called 911 and had to get towed. We were all ok, but the car was completely totaled and had to be thrown away.

• Yeah, I've been in a few accidents, but nothing too major thankfully.

• Yes. I was hit on both sides. But fortunately it wasn't horrible and no one was hurt. But it was still scary and made me not want to drive

• I was on my motorcycle & was run down by a car does that count as a car wreck. I shouldn't be alive today..

• Vote A = Many.

The cars were always completely totalled (and fully insured) but I was always fine, even when I had to be cut out of some.

• A wreck? No, thank God. I've been in a few minor accidents.

• Never have.

• No, in one, but near three.
    Three times people have crashed near where I had been.

• I've been in three. Two an ambulance was called. Nothing serve though.

• Not yet.

• yeahhhh I've been in 2 fender benders haha

• Yes I was in a severe one