Does my dog have to sleep on the couch tonight?

I noticed earlier he got nipped by one of the girl dogs we have at the house and now instead of sleeping in the bed with the other dogs he's sleeping downstairs on the couch. lol Do you think it's cause he pissed off one of the dogs? haha I just now put two and two together, or is it just a coincidence that he's not upstairs sleeping with the other dogs?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nipping is a dominant behaviour exhibited by the alpha dog (s) to keep the pack under control. He was punished for doing something bad - maybe got too playful, too aggressive, got in the alpha's face... could be anything. It's basically a message telling him to cool it, so he has separated himself from the pack for the night.

• He's supposed to be the alpha dog. haha

• It's clear that he isn't. He could be a beta, but he has been put in his place by the alpha.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you sleeping in the basement?

What Girls Said 4

• She rules the roost now, he doesn't want to get his ass beat. That nip was a "get the fuck out of my space!" I think he's not the dominant one, and is covering his booty.

Are they a pita like akita? (I scrolled down and had to chuckle, damn auto correct)

• Sounds like you have a few dogs to many?

• This question was supposed to be a bit of a joke. Yeah we have three dogs. They're a pita.

• Well it was kind of related to how the woman makes her man sleep on the couch when he pisses her off. I don't think many got that though.

• I would never do that. LOL hahaha

• well the couch is better than the dog house

• It's a bloody dog. He's not out to trick you.

What Guys Said 3

• He should sleep on the end of your bed.

• Is it comfy

• he's male. he's probably done something to upset the bitches. at least he gets the couch.