Do men need to be taught how NOT to rape?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people know rape is wrong. The people who commit rape usually know its wrong too. They just don't care.

Teaching people something most of them already know isn't going to stop the people who dont care from doing it anyways.

What Guys Said 23

• Yeah because all us men are obviously rapists.

• This question is deeply offensive to me as a man, but typical of the mental illness known as Feminism.
    Men know that it is wrong to rape a woman. Even rapists know that it is wrong.
    Any man who is capable of raping a woman is a sociopath who, in my opinion, should be put down like a mad dog.
    In Western civilisation rape has always been regarded to be among the most vile of crimes. Until fairly recent history, rape was a capital crime in most Western societies.
    If I had my way, rapists would be hung by their balls in a public place until they died.
    If you want to find a society or ethnic group in which rape is actually a problem, I suggest that you put the terms 'Muslim pack rape' into a search engine and follow some of the links that appear.

• Only if women need to be taught how not to dress provocatively.

The fact that this feminist narrative presupposes that men are by nature inherently rapists until it is conditioned out of them is blatantly offensive and bears witness to just how downright stupid our society has become. Rape and consent is actually a very simple matter and the only reason it has garnered so much attention is because SLUTS across college campuses want to be able to get drunk without accepting the fact that they might have sex with guys they will regret later on. But drunk sex is not rape no matter how much you regret it the next morning.

• On the contrary most feminists claim that rape is culturally induced, not a natural instict. Feminists like hippies like to idealize the primordial periods of humanity as some sort of golden age without violence and aggression and calim that development, hierarchy, and capitalism is responsible for the end of this period. I say that education and culture are the things which prevent people both men and women from turning savage.

• @Jackblue Yeah that's crazy of them. I just finished my first college anthropology class and even I know that the primordial period of humanity was ridiculously violent, brutal, and backwards. If anything, culture and all of those things like capitalism just mitigated the brutality of it all. Same with the Abrahamic religions. They like to say that paganism was this bastion of proto-environmentalism, peace, and the glorification of femininity before the big bad monotheistic faiths ruined it all, when in reality paganism was notoriously violent, sexist, and brutal. Just look at the Norse lol.

• Indeed, so I believe that all people of both genders need to be taught at an early age right from wrong.

• You honestly believe all men are rapists. Are you sick in the head? I've heard of rapists getting tbeir eyes taken out, their fingers cut off, stabbed repeatedly up the anus and other tortures you dont want to hear about, in jail and on the streets. Its not women doing those things, its other men. Until mass immigration my country amd in particular where i lived hadn't seen rape in decades. Guys know what would happen to them if they tried it. Men like me are disgusted by nonces and they dont last long amongst us. If all men were rapists then women would be scared to leave their houses. The very people that stop it becoming epidemic are the very people feminists condemn, other men. Theyre hypocrites to the core. They hate men yet run for their protection when the boogeymen come knocking

• I am pretty sure that there was rape in the UK before immigrants came knocking.

• @Jackblue yeah thats like saying i could drop a stone from a building and i bet itll hit the ground. Of course tbere was. Where im from nobody raped women. Never heard of a rape happening in all the years i was there. Vigilante justice was quick and brutal. Now there's been a few in tbe space of a couple of years and the guys have been from eastern Europe. The politicians want to import foreign problems for their own twisted reasons

• Do we need to teach black people not to steal?

• No that would not work as you can't start teaching billions of men not to rape. There is a small percentage of men that rape vs men that dont. Based on that its much more efficient to teach women to take precuatious (which is what we currently do). Most if not all of her life long encounters with men won't be rape.

Also remember rape is an act of violence. There is a high probability that teaching a violent man not to be violent is often times futile.

• Sex is a genetically inherited notion, but what you want is to teach respecting women as people and human beings, instead of seeing them as women.

• This question is so fucking offensive.

• ... is here a lesson on how to rape... i missed that memo all males get in our www. male@we. oppresswoman. com

• Some of them definitely do. They to be told what is and is not consensual sex, and that no means no, even if the answer one minute ago was yes.

• I think so, because honestly evil isn't learned it is inherent. Education and culture are the things that help us to control our lower passions.

• Certainly not ALL men. I would never in my life imagine myself doing it! I cringe at the thought of anyone doing it!

• No you nut. Only men from the third world needs to be taught. Preferably they shouldn't be let into our countries at all.

• No. They also don't need to be taught not to breath water instead of air.

• I'm pretty sure I've got that skill down

• No I've already taught myself

• i. e. you have proper methods and techniques in your head on how to rape properly?

• @bobbyx
      damn, so I've been raping them wrong the whole time! :O

• Yes you have, you need a guidebook or training.

• @bobbyx
      Hm... I see.

I have an assumption that OP is a feminist, and as we all know they never complain when moslems rape them. I guess I should use Koln incident (along with some others) as a guidebook on how to rape properly.
      Do you think that's the right direction?

• Nope, pretty sure I got this.

• Wtf happened, don't date drug users or virgins weird shit won't happen lol

• So you think we walk on 4 legs and bark at cars to?

• No women need to be taught not to reject for the wrong reasons such as looks or disability.

• Better castrate boys before they reach adulthood

• As much as some women need to be taught regretting it after the fact is not rape.

What Girls Said 16

• Saying it like that won't achieve anything.
    But teaching people a thing or two about the importance of consent is ALWAYS important. There are a lot of misconceptions about consent. This video clears things up pretty well.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=oQbei5JGiT8

It's scary sometimes to see guys have such skewed views on consent. Like not stopping during sex when she says no, just because she said yes in the beginning. Thinking they're owed sex because a girl hinted at it (or even promised it) and that it doesn't matter if she changes her mind, she OWES them. Like if you keep having sex with a girl who said no in the middle of it, it becomes rape. If you force a girl to have sex with you because she promised you, but then took it back and you're unhappy with that, it's rape. If she shakes her head and tries to push you off of her, it's rape. If she's asleep, unconscious or otherwise unaware of what's going on, it's rape. Some guys don't seem to get this, and it's honestly scary.

• Quite a good list, sleep sex can be done without it being rape of course, but make sure you have full concent from her to do this before you attempt it. In a healthy relationship where you both have an active sex life with each other i don't think it would be a huge issue, but always better to discuss it prior.

• @sawno it is if she doesn't specifically say it's ok on a certain night. Consent should never be assumed just because someone said this one time that it's ok.

• I think that strictness waters down the further you are in a (sexual) relationship. If a couple has sex multiple times and you both agreed to the limits your comfortable with it can be safely assumed that is within concent in my opinion. If she stated that she's ok with it any night i wouldn't see a reason to assume it would not be ok unless she specifically stated so after wards. If she concented for one night its going to be that night only.

I get your point though, in these days you can't be to carefull and you dont accidentally want to hurt her by doing something she didn't want you to do, but if your in a longterm commited relationship you know where your partners boundaries are and how not to cross them.

Obviously for one night stands and friends with benefits this is not something you should do without concent every day.

• Well, not every man will rape, even if he has scum as parents who teach him to disrespect women. Likewise, good parents can have that bad seed person, who will abuse and hurt people. However, I think proper raising of children makes them much less likely to abuse others (whether male or female) And that's the key to stopping rape and other crimes, opening a dialogue and getting kids on the right tract. Even if some do go on to do terrible things, at least the parents can say they raised them right and didn't leave anything in a gray area.

• I think both sides need to learn to keep their hands to themselves unless given consent. It's like we're all kids again. Need to learn this shit all over again.

• Yes, very true. People act like men only do shit that is bad and that is just not true.

• Uhm, yes.

And then again, don't we already do this?

I encourage everyone to read Jon Krakauer's new book, Missoula.

He gives the level of specific detail that will help you understand what the previous commenter has already noted; quite a few men don't think that what they have done is rape (when it is.)

:\

• Everyone should be taught not to rape since it's such an issue in this country.

• some men do, as sad as that is. But some men are psychopathic and can't be helped. In most cases parents morals that are taught somehow include not raping people. that sounds super weird but i mean like kids are taught to respect each other. Most people grow up and interpret that to obviously include rape. But some people are idiots and others don't care.

• Yes, but I think the better way to do it is to teach the concept of consent a lot better. It doesn't matter what she's wearing. It doesn't matter if how much he or she drank, because consent can't be given then. It doesn't matter if she's given consent to you before.

Remember that consent can be revoked at any time.

• Yes, actually Syrian refugees were taught not to rape because germans think they came from uncivilized, tribal and barbaric culture.

• that is an impossibility. a lot of men don't rape. the ones that do are on a power trip. it's like saying you can teach a serial killer not to kill people. it doesn't work.

• Threaten them with a big machete

• Both sides need to learn the principle of consent.

• I wouldn't put it in this context. teaching boys to respect women sounds more logical to me

• I think teaching what is and isn't consent is what we need.

• I think everyone needs some refreshers on consent. I've known several people who have sexually abused someone - including girls who had sex with too young of guys, for instance.

What would really be helpful is giving people resources to handle anger and childhood baggage.

The thing about rape - people always focus on the small number of serial rapist who attack strangers. But most rape takes places between people who trust each other and one violates the other - often in an impulsive move to feel powerful, in control and release negative feelings such as feeling rejected, unattractive, less important or not getting something they think they deserve.

• Seems like it

Instead of teaching women to not wear what they want, they need to touch men to not touch random women. What is the world coming to?

• Most people know that rape is wrong, but we should teach kids in their sex ed/health classes about CONSENT, and what that looks like. Because that's where there can be gray areas and confusion.