Do/Did you play any competitive sports?

If so which one... and were you any good? :P

Do/Did you play any competitive sports?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Football was my main sport. I played from the time I was 8 years old all through high school. I played semipro up until 3 or 4 years ago. I was pretty good, not like big picture good, but for the normal people who aren't pro or D-1 college caliber. Or Texas 12 year olds😂 I was #1 hype man though, always, haha.

I played soccer when I was real young and was just horrendous at that. I played baseball til I was 14, I was good at baseball but I just didn't love it. Lately I've been jonesing to play though, but I can't really get a pickup game at my age, haha. Then I played lacrosse my first two years of high school. I had never heard of the sport, I over in the city, and all the suburban kids at the school I went to had been playing in youth leagues like I did with football and baseball, so they were already nice. I never really caught on with catching end of it, so I was pretty bad, bad I laid a few kids out who ran through looking the wrong way, haha. That's it for organized sports. I played a lot of street hockey when I stayed with my aunt a little outside of the city, and of course I played basketball in pickup games. Never really got very good at hoops except for three pointers and decent defense, but I feel like hockey might have been my game, it was right up my alley. There's a strong youth hockey culture in and around Boston but we couldn't afford it and it was very time consuming, and you'd have to get up at like 3 AM on Saturdays for ice time, so I don't think my parents were too big on that idea, haha. Probably wouldn't have been able to play football either though, I knew some kids who played and it was like a 9 months a year type of thing, including the fall.

What Girls Said 20

• cross-country

• I play/played polo because that's our family sport.. but why even lie I was just so so at it 😂😭
    I was the queen of dodge ball in my high school though lol that's actually my favourite team sports! :D

• Oh and I run but then usually I only take part in competitive races or marathons if it's about fundraising so it's really worth it :P

• Pshh you're the only dreaming of getting me on the ground lol... I'm innocent :P

• You made a big mistake provoking me in the first place 😈

• I never played sports in school or ever on a sports team. There are sports I like to play and is good at such as football, basketball, soccer, vollyball, and tennis. People tell me I should play but im insecure to play for a team because I'm good at them. I am competitive for a girl but I can't help it 😕

• Yep. I play soccer, I'm captain.

• Competitive sleeping.

• swimming I am ok.
    tennis if I keep it up I can start competing also running cs I was the best in my school for endurance like 3*500m

• I always wanted to do competitive swimming, but I got lazy :P

• Lazy? "Cough cough"
      With those abs? 😜

• Haha I see you're still thinking about it lol!
      Okay maybe not lazy... but I'd rather just have fun when I'm in a pool ;P

• yeaa i played football (with the feet) through primary then sprint in track secondary along with competitive swimming

• Volleyball, Track & Field and Softball

• Used to play soccer.

• I played soccer for a few years when I was very very young but I was never any good. I'm not naturally athletic, much to my parents' chagrin as they were both jocks.

• What about mental games like chess? :o

• Just looked it up, never heard of it before, although it does remind me of tetris lol... I'm more of a chess guy, I've been playing that since I was 5

• It is kind of like tetris.

• softball/baseball, basket ball, dancing (if that count?), I also play a little football, nothing serious though a game with the guys here and there

• Used to play tennis

• Me competitively B4 = calisthenics + gymnastics + swim @ state squad level

• I've been in golf and climbing tournaments in my city. Didn't win but it was very fun.

• I get bored everytime I watch golf on tv lol... but I think it would be a lot more fun if I was actually playing it :P

• Yeah it's fun when you're playing it, mostly when you're with your friends and are having a laugh about how bad you are haha

• See that's something I could get behind... friends coming together to suck at something lol!

• Volleyball, I played it.

• Nope, I'm terrible at sports.

• i play tennis i'm average and now i'm about to play varsity next year so i guess i'm pretty good

• I played softball

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 18

• I did cross country and track from sophomore year to the end of high school.

Cross country was definitely my favorite though. Was I any good at it? Well, I started completely fresh with no prior experience in any sports (except basketball way back in middle school). I remember my first mile was the summer before the season and it was like 10 or 11 minutes... and I died after 1 mile haha. However, after training hard and working at it, I managed to significantly lower my times and endurance. I wasn't like a showstopper, but I was alright lol. I was able to get to a spot where I placed usually mid/mid-high.

I didn't have the most talent for it, but I tended to work the hardest on the team. People got mildly annoyed with me too sometimes because they'd want to take a break mid-exercise and I'd try to motivate them to keep going xD. I'd be able to beat pretty much all my team members in practice runs (since they weren't motivated to try), and then some of those would beat me in races since they had more talent and skill. :/

• I'm unfortunately not allowed and not able to play any physical sports because I'm almost blind. However, I've been playing chess for a long time. I'm not so good anymore because I don't have anyone to play it with. But back when I was a teenager, I played in a club and I won some metals. I don't care so much about the competitive aspect though. I just think it's an awesome game that teaches you lots of things for your life.

• I played tennis in high school plus I was a member of a tennis club outside of school. Yes I was pretty good and I wish I followed through with it. At that age I was easily bored and jumped from one hobby to the next without a second thought. I'd probably be in better shape today too lol

• Yeah tennis is really fun, I started playing that when I was about 7 lol

• Unfortunately all my friends like basketball and football so I have nobody to play with even if I wanted to.

• Used to play:
    Amer. Football, basketball, and [briefly] swimming

I was pretty bad at the high school varsity level on all 3 lmao

• Ice hockey in a private league. I love it. I am probably below average but I don't care because I still love it.

• If martial arts counts, then yes. I don't often join tournaments though, because I'm more in it for myself, rather than glory.

A "long" time ago, I did play soccer, but not at high level though.

• Of course it counts lol what kind of martial art?

• Shaolin kung fu and tai chi, are the ones I practice.
      Only tried comptetitive tai chi though.

• Despite having the talent, I couldn't play any sports for my school because I had a heart murmur when I was in my teens. It eventually went away in my early 20's.

I still play pickup basketball, baseball, and football with my friends every once in a while. We don't do it as often as before because many of them have families now and we're a lot older.

• Yeah that sucks, good thing you're better now... pshh you're still young lol

• I was a CIF wrestling in high school. Made it to state.. didn't end up playing college because I went military though. Almost certain I could of gone d1.. sometimes I wonder how far I would of made it if I decided to join the ranks of NCAA. I miss that competitiveness
    s33.postimg.org/.../...0680965623050_4312643_n.png

• I was a competitive martial artist and fighter for a few years and yeah I was good, then my friend approached me about doing MMA style cage fighting for money, thinking about doing that we'll see.

• haha teen wolf! xD

babe, I'm always playing a competitive sport ;) FOOTBALL!!!

www.totalprosports.com/.../...illa-neymar-gifs.gif

• I box. im not in it professionally but iv been in 4 fights that were held in other gyms. i my record is 3/1 lost my second one because the dude used underhanded shit.

• I used to be the goalkeeper in my school football (soccer) team. I was pretty good at it, honestly.

• I played baseball in high school.

• Basketball

• Amateur boxer

• Hmmm... which sports are NOT competitive?

• I'd say anything that doesn't involve trying to best someone else... could be any sport that you're doing simply for the fun of it but don't care about scoring.

• If all they do is cheer at games, then I don't consider it competitive.
      If they go against other schools and compete then yes.

• Just to answer your original question, I played cricket, squash and went swimming.

• Basketball. I was best at missing the basket. :D

• I play basketball and I'll play college