I don't drink coffee. Should I start?

Whenever I go to a coffee shop, I order a smoothie or a tea. I am not sure I escaped an unhealthy addiction or if I should stay asleep my whole life.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want to , to me coffe is a must drink lol buy I always drink it Turkish

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• Coffee has certain health benefits, e. g., lower incidence of diabetes and certain risks, high blood pressure, for example. It may be an addiction and anything in excess is generally a bad idea. Water for example in excess can dilute the electrolytes in your blood on which a normal heart rhythm depends. You'd have to take in a herculean amount of the stuff, but you could actually die from it.
    As an addiction coffee is pretty mild. Withdrawal consists (for me) of about a day and a half of headachy grouchiness. Consensus opinion in the medical community seems to be swinging to the 'benefits outweigh risks' side of the spectrum. Mayo Clinic is as usual an excellent resource.
    It is clearly healthier and far safer than any sugary soft drink (and that includes fruit juices)
    If you have any sort of soft drink habit, switch to coffee. Far far safer and much better for you. Do try to minimise the sugar you add, preferably to Zero. Which brings up another interesting point: the health benefits of just about anything bitter tasting.

• Nothing bad about not drinking coffee. I don't drink it either. Don't like the smell. And that preventing me from wanting to try it. Don't see any problems about it.

• Nothing wrong with it

• Hahaah! Me neither!!
    I don't like the taste really. Even with sugar, it's always bitter, or has a burnt taste.
    I don't dislike tea, but definitely wouldn't pay for one.. it's basically hot water...

• You're not missing much.

• I have an unhealthy addiction to soda. Coffee is good too with cream and loads of sugar. It. might help you some. Studies do say that a cup of. coffee a day has some health benefits so If you feel like you should go for it!

• smoothies aren't healthy lol

• Sure... It's another substance to become addicted to and it doesn't rot your teeth out like Mountain Dew.
    Your breath will smell like shit but you won't care because... your addicted to caffeine and one grumpy motherfucker until you've drank your first pot.

• Tea is actually far far healtier than coffee, its also got more caffiene

• I drink coffee. Because I like it, and I don't think I'm addicted to it :3

• Tea has caffeine. No "escape".

• Yes you should so we could drink a coffee together once

• Coffe is a poison. don't start!!!

• Nah if you wanna try it then go ahead but for me I don't like the taste

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 18

• No, it's addictive. You don't want to depend on coffee to keep you awake, do you? I don't drink coffee either, except for the few times I'm puling an all-nighter.

• people drink coffee well into their 80s... if it's that detrimental howcome they're still alive

• I agree. I was 39 before I tried my first cup of coffee (knocked that off my list of 'things to try before you turn 40'. :) I think the less substances we are dependant in, the better.

• @MargaritaPeach Yeah, couldn't agree more :)

• Only drink it on occasions. If you're not use to drinking it at all. You only need small amounts of it and it would hype you up enough to not feel sleepy. But like I said, only small portions of it.

• I do not drink coffee either. I get sleepy a lot but I do not need coffee to get energy and I do not like coffee. If you like coffee go for it. Personally I do not like the taste of coffee

• If you can go by without tea, by all means keep it up. We'll keep staring enviously :p

• Don't start unless you want to ruin your life!

• Why would you want to start? Are you having problems staying awake? Don't try to get addicted to something just because everyone else is. That's silly.

• Yes, for weeks I have been tired at around 7:30 at night which is not late at all.

• If starting coffee for the first time be aware of the effects of anxiety, some people lose appetite, may also cause laxative effect. so start off drinking it weak and increase how strong you may like it over time, just to reduce sudden changes for you & less of a side effect. see how you go.

• Nope, it's just extra empty calories that you don't need to have.

• you escaped an unhealthy addiction lol

• If you only drink tea the rest of your life but you get run over by a bus tomorrow is that good or bad?

• The smell is addictive

• Coffee is gross don't try it.

• Just try it and if you don't like it, nothing lost. Try different types of coffee

• I personally don't like the taste of coffee

• You're not missing anything tbh
    If you want to try it then you can. No stopping you.

• I love tea. Stay with that :) I think

• Hahaha. I am 27 and tried coffee and its gross. I would suggest with stick with what you know you'll like if you're spending money.

• Nah, I don't either. There's nothing wrong with that.