Why in Western world people can't stand eating animals internal organs?

And in Asia they are delicacies... Is it because people think organs are dirty or something else?

0|0
3|7

Most Helpful Girl

• Westerners eat offal all the time. It's called "sausages". LOL

Offal/organ meats are pretty much universally considered kinda gross -- but, they are sources of vitamins. (For Arctic Inuit people, who live where there are literally no plants, they are the ONLY sources of vitamins... and the Inuit stay alive.)
    So, traditionally, the more rare *other* sources of vitamins (like certain fruits) are, the more likely a culture is to have adopted organ meats as a "delicacy". Because, y'know, people don't want to get scurvy, and beriberi, and pellagra, and shit.

The Inuit are an extreme, where they regularly consume the organ meats as main courses (again, they have zero fruits and zero vegetables and zero plants and zero carbs of ANY kind, up there).
    But, all around the world where the vitamin-rich plants are rare -- or where they're under a foot of snow all winter -- people eat organ meats.

When a country becomes affluent (like the US/Canada), and starts enriching bread/flour/starches with vitamins, then organ meats tend to be one of the first things to go. Because, by themselves, they're fucking gross. LOL

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• A small percentage of us are vegan/vegetarian. Most of us still enjoy our steak!

0|1
    0|0
  • Because it is disgusting

0|0
    0|0
    • What's the difference between meats and organs anyway?

• Show All
    • I think skin produce waste too and a lot more frequent from the holes of your body, like sweet... and waste comes out from skin..

What Guys Said 7

• i wouldn't say all western people are like that, i love some liver much or liver pudding i you buy the good brand, there are a few small things you can eat that are like hot dog which are pig intestines in a tube with some filling for taste. in the area i live in the insides are just as good as the other things. though not every area loves the insides of animals.

but in my area its very popular.

0|1
    0|0
  • We do. Chittlings, liver, gizzards, hearts, rocky mountain oysters, chorizo

0|1
    0|0
  • Here in Germany internal organs were quite commonly eaten - mostly due to the shortness of food after each of the world wars. Kidneys, Liver and Stomachs are what is usually available around here. Other things are not that common anymore like brain

0|1
    0|0
  • cuz veganism is trendy

0|1
    0|0
  • I eat then lol but actually they aren't healthy

0|1
    0|0
  • it's just a question of traditions of culture.
    by the way i'm vegetarian, so, i don't have all these problems

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not culturely accepted. If you weren't raised that way, well it's kinda hard to just wake up one day and have a craving to a animal heart. Most of us have never even had it.

0|0
    0|0