What book (s) are you reading right now?

What book (s) are you reading right now and what is it about?

I am reading Into the Black, about the space shuttle Columbia.

2411

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

What Girls Said 23

• Currently, Insomnia by Stephen King.

it's about a guy who develops insomnia and shit gets fucked up lol

• Ovid's Metamorphoses.

• What drew you to Ovid?

• I dunno, dude, I always liked ancient Greece and ancient Rome as a kid and then I moved on to the Iliad and the Odyssey and then I went on and I'm studying ancient history at uni and now Metamorphoses is my required reading for this module. But Ovid is just generally a really descriptive and talented author so it's always fun to read his work :)

• I am not reading anything at the moment, but I should look into that again. I've slacked off lately.

• Currently, I'm between "surely you're joking Mr. Feynman", "spillover", fraction's "Hawkeye", and my old genetics textbook.

• Tell me about the Feynman book.

• Ahh it's a collection of these amusing anecdotes from the life of Richard Feynman, a nobel physicist and professor. There are stories from his childhood and time in academia, and some adventures of an awkward physicist trying to puzzle out social niceties. I don't know they're really just quite endearing and remind me of my old physics and genetics professors, old men that like to go off on random tangents. But its a good read. The stories are all 1-3 pages and can be read separately.

• I'm re-reading A Song of Ice and Fire. Currently about half way through A Storm Of Swords.

• When I was a teenager (back when there were smiledons and all), it was virtually unheard of for a female to read fantasy fiction. My sister was quite literally THE only female I knew to have read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Now it is much more common. I wonder why that is.

Are you familiar with a series called Temeraire?

• Mr. Tompkins in Wonderland by George Gamow

• Too Late by Colleen Hoover. It's a story about a girl stuck in a relationship with a dangerous and morally corrupt guy.

• Wuthering Heights. Well, I was supposed to be reading it...

• 2 manga's that I'm waiting for a new chapter to come out for both.

• Beta by Jasinda Wilder.

• The peculiar children of miss peregrine, a book about someone that travels back in time to an orphanage with strange children.

• I am reading Lolita

• Never read it. I understand the characters are... pathetic.

• haven't read a fiction book in a while

• I am reading we have always lived in the castle by Shirley Jackson

• And it's about?

• It's a horror story about a wealthy family ho is shunned by the townsfolk, as the story goes on the families secrets slowly get out.

• Histoire de la Rome antique By Lucien Jerphagnon

• None right now

• Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingslover

• What's it about?

• it's set in the 60s or 50s and is basically about a baptist missionary family who travel all the way to the Congo to "civilize" the congolese people. The family is boarderline racist and the father has an extreme superiority complex towards the Africans. It's a good book that touches on multiple topics such as racism, religion, colonialism, civilized and uncivilized people, and imperialism

• Call me Tuesday

• None.

• The Forgotten by Cat Patrick

• No time for reading atm. I'd probably read some historical book when I start again.

• Crank again lol

• Blue exorcist

• What's it about?

• It's the child of Satan who become an exorcist for figth Satan cause he want to dominate the world

What Guys Said 10