Is it true jealous people try to lower your self esteem?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course, but only you can give consent to their criticism; thus, don't

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the person. Some people are silently jealous while others are more aggressive about it, for sure.
    If they're aggressive then yeah, they'll want to drag you down with them until your confidence and self-esteem is just as shitty as theirs. Misery loves company, and they usually just project their shitty feelings onto their victims.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes it's true. They do it every day to me

• lol sometimes i joke about how the girl i talk to is not pretty, and she would tell me you're just jealous. Well, yeah she is beautiful and i always lower her self-esteem but for FUN not because i'm jealous, i like her reaction to what i say :DD.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes becaus they can only feel good about themselves if you're feeling bad about yourself

• I dont feel like i am the jealous type, but have some self-esteem issue. but i would say yes people can have that effect on others when they are overly jealous.