Why are people so different of real life on here?

Both guys and girls act and talk different, why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the Internet attracts the kind of people that can't get a social life, they're afraid of speaking their mind cause their views aren't gonna be accepted by anyone, cause no one likes misandrists and misogynists, except the same kind of people.
    No one in real life is gonna listen to a bitter person, cause ain't nobody got time for that. But online no one can stop them from typing some stupid shit.

Most Helpful Girl

• The screen in front of them gives some people confidence, arrogance, or whatever. I'm the same on here as I am in real life, though.

• Yea but why do they behave differently?

• Actually I was talking about how they are nicer than in real life and how some dont sound too honest

• In that regard, maybe they don't feel the need to put on such a tough act like they do in person. Same concept applies, though. They're behind screens. They more than likely don't know anyone here in real life. They can act however they please, and, if there is judgement, those users can be blocked.

What Guys Said 22

• This IS real life! It is unfiltered and uncensored because of the cloak of anonymity.

• mostly for 2 reasons I'd say.

1. People self select to be here, so certain types of people are more likely to be represented as compared to other types of people.

2. The internet allows for people to safely talk with less of a brain/mouth filter.

• Because it's easy to big yourself up when you hide behind a computer screen and thousands of miles of Network signals.

• But why change behavior? Guys and girls both act really different

• Well... Why wouldn't they? You can be whoever and whatever you want on the internet...

• what do you mean? How do you know if you don't know them in real life?

• I don't know. I'm a lot more shy on here than I am in real life. I met a user on here two weeks ago and she'd tell you the same thing :)

• What do you mean different? What traits, for better? worse? liars? praisers? fake?

• 🎶🎶Is this real life? Or is it just fantasy.🎶

• Because the shield of the internet protects them.

• Because in real life people have a face, a false persona; but on here people cast that aside.

• Ha! jokes on you because this how I am in real life :P
    I kinda have to because part of my job is meeting people on a daily basis (C. E. O.)
    So I don't to be 'shy' because that could mean the difference between getting a client or loosing one.

• The only difference for me is I tend to be more open and speak what I true feel like saying

• Because they don't like their lifes. They don't have a chance in real life like here. They just wanna act. Look at me I'm an angel of the lord here. If I try to say this in real life they will probably call the cops because they'll thing I'm nuts.

• Not me. Well, I'm more likely to be blunt here.

• same here as real life

• It's easier to express opinions online than it is in person.

• Im the same!

• I don't think I'm different on here than I am in real life.

• I try to avoid name calling and derogatory remarks on here, but, just like in real life, I have a but of a short fuse so I'm not above making an ass out of myself. Other than that, I'm just as opinionated here as I am out there.

• Because they're masked on the internet and can show there true colors

• pussies. or lack of balls to be themselves.

• What do you mean "different"? I'm replying in text on this site just like I would face to face to anyone

• because they can't always see you to judge you, and your sharing your deep inner thoughts that you dont do in everyday life.

• Its the net, people go crazy. Just ignore the stupid talk

What Girls Said 10

• Its not the anonymity but instead of talking.. By writing, your mind has more time and automatically filters and edits how you present yourself. On the internet you are a more edited version of yourself, your feelings, or the 'type' of person you want to be. The funny thing is i give just enough information to draw those whove met or know me. It makes things interesting i must say.

• If you look at most of the people's personality, it says they are introverted loners in RL but here they are the ones who talks the most.

• When you think about it, don't we all act different depending on who we are in front of? A boss, our parents, certain friends, siblings, famous people, etc etc. Online is just another crowd. We choose to act how we want to act. Some people are consistent and some create characters and some troll and some reveal inner turmoil. You can be whoever you wanna be online, anonymity gives a freedom of that.

• Because this is the Internet, land of the pretenders. You can be everything your not and ever wanted to be here.

• Yea but why do people behave differently? Guys are very different on here and so are girls

• I have no idea

• Tbh, the only difference about myself online is that I am MUCH MORE polite than I am offline.

Other than that, there is no difference.

• Yes most people are, but the people who know me on here I'm the same person online and offline

• I talk a lot on social media and text but I speak less and talk less when it comes to face to face talk

• Because that's how the Internet work. People feel more brave hiding behind their computer

• People say what they want on here because there is no fear of reputations being ruined or them being judged for their opinions or rejected. and if someone does say something mean or hurtful the asker can just attribute the opinion owners answer to being irrelevant because the opinion owner doesn't know the asker personally.

• It's easy to be yourself behind a computer