Why is it that traditionally, the girl tends to be the shorter and younger one in the relationship?

Ok, before you all go "thats not true! There are plenty of tall older girls in relationships!"
Let me just say I know that. I'm just asking why MOST tend to be this way. Why do MOST guys go for younger and shorter girls and vice versa?
Example: Im two years younger than my boyfriend and 10 inches shorter. Lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, for height... the average male and average female heights of every race always have males a few inches taller. Men tend to be taller, women tend to be shorter. That's in our biology.

Guys go for younger girls because men tend to be more attracted to youth. They can procreate normally long after a woman becomes too old to have children without significant risk. Women tend to like older guys for being more settled and mature, hence better fatherly figures.

Every case is different on an individual level. All I can say is we are far too superficial these days and it's getting more and more detailed. Weird.

What Guys Said 12

• Cause thats how we like it I don't know how to explain it any better maybe there are bilogical reaons like shorter women are more feminine or being younger than the guy makes him seem more dominant I don't know , i just know i want her to be shorter than me and younger.

• Because we men are secretly pedo lol jk women prefer taller and older partners. This preference is stronger in women. I wouldn't mind dating someone older than me. I'm 6'9" so there barely is a woman out there who's taller than me.

• Girls are more anal about height. Being taller isn't enough, we need to be taller even when you wear heels. 😑

With age men are probably pickier but girls do tend to prefer that he is at least as old as she is.

• men are typically taller genetically. not in all cases, but im 6"3 and most of the women i date a shorter than me. I have no preference for height, but there nothing i can do about it if she is shorter than me.

i think the age thing is nonsense. most people i know are with older women.

• Because people ask uncomfortable questions when that's not the case

So people think it's wrong to differ from the enforced "norm"

• Well, men on average are taller than women and women tend to mature at a younger age than men, so it kind of just makes sense.

• Coz girls mature much fatser than guys...
    Another common criteria is that girls are shorter than guys
    It's all science...

• Because most women don't like shorter or younger guys.

• Well I'm really tall and I can't find a girl who like me.

• Because most of the time the girl is shorter and younger than the guy she's dating.

• Because girls like taller guys and older guys.

• Preference? and guys are on average taller.

What Girls Said 8

• Women tend to be smaller in general, so that's not surprising. Not sure about the age bit though, I mean, I'm younger than my boyfriend but only by 5 days.

• I think girls tend to be shorter because i like taller men but i don't think girls should be younger. I've dated 1-2 years younger guys than me, guys my age and older guys.

• thts true, i prefer that also

• Yeah funny how that works

• I'm a year older than my crush but he's taller lol

• Because that's what everyone's preferences are

• When humans lived in caves men were the ones that protected their family. A taller and bigger man equals a bigger chance to survival because he'll be more likely to protect the family and scare away intruders.
    The age thing is because, personally I feel like, guys tend to be a bit more immature (at least when they're younger). I don't go by age though, as long as he's mature enough and we get along there's no problem.

• Women associate being tall with masculinity