Would you get offended/sad if someone you've been hanging out with a lot didn't wished you a happy bday?

I feel like I'm over reacting and I probably shouldn't care, it's not that of a big deal... but why do I still feel like crap? This particular person is very close to me, we talk frequently and we hang out 1 on 1 at least once or twice a week... and that person knows it's my birthday. He was online on FB, so he saw a reminder too and my guess is he just didn't think it matters to me. Even though I am sad about it, I still sent him a message to come over for a cake and he didn't reply yet. I'm probably just being immature, right?

What Guys Said 1

• Happy Birthday.
    No, If I know or heard someone say it' "X" BDay I'd say happy birthday to them.
    I may not have said happy birthday to a buddy but I use to ask "where do you want to eat at for your birthday?" I at least acknowledged it.

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't be happy about it but I also wouldn't let it get me down