Who agrees that men should pay a menstrual tax to provide menstrual products to whoever needs it?

Because the reason we menstruate isn't only so that we ourselves can have children but also so that they (men) can have children. Therefore, men should pay at least 50% for menstrual products.

Hell, they should pay for all of it, because our pain can be considered partial payment. If we are the ones who have to suffer physically then it is only fair that they be the ones to suffer financially. It would help to close the suffering gap - a step to equality.

And yes, I know that no all men want children, but not all women want children either yet we still have to bleed anyway so it is only fair that they still have to pay anyway.

• yes, men should have to pay a menstrual tax
  • no, men should not have to pay a menstrual tax
  • maybe
All but one of the men said no. y'all are cowards. Real men provide for women
Whatever.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would pay it but not for that reason

More for the fact that more than half our population is suffering so we'd better help them out! America!

Most Helpful Girl

• It makes sense. Men have no idea of the toll menstruation takes on us. And at the girls who seem to think menstrual products aren't necessary, I suggest you spend a period without using them. See what it's like. :)

• that doesn't explain in any way why it is my job, or the job of any other man, to foot the bill for it. We all have needs, and we all have wants, to spend our money on. Tampons are one of yours, and a 36 count pack of Playtex is $7. You are hardly being robbed.

• @ksoma If 7 dollars isn't that much money in your opinion then why are you complaining when we ask that you should pay it?

• If women want to not just be seen as housewives, but want to work, have jobs and careers, and earn their own way in life, why are you complaining that you have to devote a TINY amount of your own money to your own needs?
      Not one single person on Earth has any obligation to pay for any need of any other able bodied adult. Pay for your own shit.

It is a principle thing. "If 7 dollars isn't much, why bitch when we ask you to pay for it?"
      because there is no reason I should be expected to foot the bill, and the fact that you don't want to spend your own money on your own needs shows you to be lazy and selfish.

What Guys Said 24

• Without food to stay alive we can't have children either. So somebody else is supposed to buy our food? People can buy their own stuff and stop leaching on everyone else. Menstrual products are no different than all the other stuff people buy.

• Are you going to pay us an ejaculation tax or how about a pms tax for the shit we have to put up with

• Okay but only if women pay a workplace accident/death tax since 98% of those are men because they had to go out and work hard to support their families. Or how about a cancer tax since men are more likely to get and die of cancer then women and they do run our country (all those crap jobs that women don't want are done by men like mining and construction) so it would actually benefit our country because we would have more grunt workers. Or a military/police tax since its almost entirel comprised by males who are risking their lives every day to ensure the well being of our society so that the only worry you have is how unfair it is that you have to pay ten dollars for a personal hygien product (while they are dying, getting injured and generally endangering themselves so that you can live a good life). What I'm trying to say is get your head out of your ass the universe doesn't revolve around you and if the buying of tampons is your chief concern then consider yourself really really lucky. The problem is you have been pampered your entire life so you have no real grasp of whats unfair. Hopefully one day you will be forced into the real world and have your priorities fixed.

• Most men aren't affected by those things you mentioned.
      Most women are affected by menstruation.

• "why waste others time with something that isn't even a need."
      Tampons aren't a need?
      So how would you feel about women going around & not wearing menstrual products & bleeding all over the place?

• Probably as indifferent as you are to the needs of men and all the injustices and suffering they go through that you don't ie very indifferent.

• Let me tell you this. I was in the army because I was drafted. There was no war. I didn't want to be in the army. I was building up my life and the army was just a big hold up and a waste of time. I missed many opportunities that I never got again. Me being in the army was simply because I was a man. No woman was ever drafted in my country.

War kills people. Luckily there was no war but if there was I might not have been here to make this statement.

I am not kicking against your statement. And I am not insensitive to your burden. I am just stating that there are unfair things happening to both genders. I am strongly for equality. And equality is not stating that "He should pay for it all".

Can men pay or this? We could if this is within a marriage. BUt then again within a marriage do us men not pay for those things already?

I am voting "No Way!"

• www.relatably.com/.../...ec7c73472c182971a0c3d.jpg

I already buy my girlfriend's pads for her, why should i then be taxed?

• I agree that it's sort of unfair that those things cost money, and that you have to pay for it, even though you have little say in it.. but it's still materials which requires money to make. I don't believe that men specifically, should pay for it though. It's a whole other gender war that could start with this, but let's not.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Why should , A guy who will likely be single the rest of his life, Pay my own hard earned money, So completely random fucks can buy shit that dosen't concern me in anyway what so fucking ever? Absolutely fucking not...

Fucking Feminazi mentality..

• Men are supposed to provide for women.

• Men are supposed to provide for women, not the other way around.

• No. Men are not suppose to provide for women, were individual sentient beings. Not fucking financial slaves to women.

Pull your head out of your self entitled ass.

Why is it so hard to accept the same reason why you feel you should not pay for men, we should not pay for you?

If you want something but it yourself. That's how things fucking work.

• No men are not going to be taxed, just because your a female. If that's the case lets tax females a possible danger tax for men. Men are more likely to die from heart attack, stoke etc, are more likely to commit suicide, and have lower life expectancy that women.

• Double standard hypocrisy
      Show it is fair to tax men for women problems but not fair to tax women for men problems.
      That an very entitled view you hold there.

• Pff are you fucking kidding me? hahahaha This is so stupid XD
    You pay your own shit, I pay my own shit. No one's really forcing you to buy any menstrual products, they didn't seem to need it back in the day.

Another women that can't take responsibility for her actions... another one... smh at the poll XD

• Actions? I didn't choose to bleed out of my vagina!

And if we didn't use menstrual products we would bleed everywhere!

• You're a woman, you take responsibility for what it is to be a woman.
      I take responsibility for my balls, those 2 little things dangling between my legs that with a slight touch will hurt like hell. I never ask for balls.

Stick a newspaper up your vagina to stop the bleeding, sweetheart :)

• Yeah but men didn't choose for you to bleed out of your vagine either...
      No one wants it to have to happen, but it does-it's no ones fault
      The thing is it happens to YOU and it's out to you to deal with it. It's YOUR responsibility, in much the same way no one would expect you to start giving money to a family because they have an autism. Yeah they need more support, and yes that costs money-but it's up to them and they're family to provide that

• I don't know about having to pay a tax, that's a bit unfair on single men who would have to fork out for couples who may want to have kids. I do agree that it would be fairer that the man in a relationship should share the cost of his partner's sanitary product requirements, but then often couples would share the cost of groceries that would include sanitary products anyway.

• so then should women be forced to have sex with men?

• You're on your own on this one, it seems lol.

"Hell, they should pay for all of it."

Even Asexuals and Homosexuals?

• Well even asexual and lesbian women have to get periods so yes, asexual and gay men should have to pay menstrual tax

• lol fuck ever voting for you

• All of the rights none of the responsibilities. Yet another example.

• What? MEN are the ones who want all the rights and none of the responsibilities! Women have to suffer once a month for almost their entire lives, AND endure painful stressful pregnancy, AND give birth, in order to have access to our biological children. And MEN presumably want equal rights to custody, don't you? But you didn't have the responsibility of enduring menstruation, pregnancy, and birth beforehand.

This is why, if men should get custody over their kids, men should pay women for all that women do for them (menstruation, pregnancy, birth) so that it equals out the responsibilities

• What the he'll is this crap?

HELL NO

The physiological processes of the female body is not a male's problem

• WHY? you've literally crippled all feminism and equality with that statement!!!

• @Panay because evolution

• I'm a libertarian anarcho-capitalist, so fuck no.

• We do do pay the tax already. Just not in the way your referring to.

• How?

• For instance. a lot of those products were never in my budget before I was married. 😀and look at divorce rates there pretty damn high. "Irreconcilable Differences" lol. ). Its either bi polar or pms. Lol. Unless it's his fault. But still she gets allimony. 😈👿😈

• Most studies show that women end up poorer after divorce than men do

• Just out of curiosity, how many make friends do you have?

• Best troll of the year!

• 0|0
  • oh look, a fool who thinks that if she can't get what she needs for free, someone else should pay for it because somehow HER biology is anyone's responsibility but her own.

Women menstruate so that the hated "THEM!" (men) can have children.
    OK.
    Men do garbage collection, sewer work, road building, ship building, coal mining, lumber work, construction, and hundreds or thousands of other jobs that are unpleasent, dangerous, or both, largely to maintain an infrastructure women use (men would be happy living in a cave and shitting in a hole dug in the ground. All the work put into building a society? Not only has almost all the labor been men, but it is made largely for the sake of our women), as well as grow, or at least pay for, the food she eats, and everything else.

Historically, supposed "oppressed" women? They had their men pay for all their needs (something your lazy ass is demanding) and were not expected to work (so men did ALL the labor, and in the most needed, but most unpleasent jobs, are still 98% of the work force, and not because they keep women out, but because women are UNWILLING to do that work).

So, you think a man owes you? You think it is a man's duty to provide for you? A man should pay for the products you need for your own comfort? Tell me something? How does that mesh with the fact that that was the expectation of men before the feminist revolution? How does demanding a man provide for you, in a way he would have in the past, make you a strong, proud individual who is his equal? And assuming you don't give a damn about feminist shit, so long as some guy dishes out the money to pay your way, what the fuck are you going to do for him, or men in general, to make it worth our while?

As far as I'm concerned, with your pissy, self entitled, egotistical, and selfish attitude, you can sit in a puddle of your period blood. And I, and I assume most other guys, will find a woman who appreciates the hard work we do for them, as opposed to a greedy little parasite like you who thinks they are simply owed something.

• "what the fuck are you going to do for him, or men in general, to make it worth our while?"
      The fact that we endure menstruation so that you men can have children, makes it worth your while

• in that case, I expect that means you aren't on the pill, you don't require a condom, and you are anti-abortion.

• Guys buy condoms.. Were even

• EVERY month? ALWAYS?

• How often do you have aex? I buy them every week or every other! And yeah always...

• Only if women have to pay a knackered tax. Whenever a guy gets kicked in the balls he can go round and collect a payment. It should be enough to buy an ice pack and a case of beer.

• LOL. I lost brain cells reading this

• Such a dumb idea.

What Girls Said 14

• I think menstrual products should be covered through taxes. Women have no choice in the matter. And children are a public responsibility. Producing them is a long painful laborious service that compromises prospecTs in work.. it is social A service has ought to be compensated socially independent of romantic relationships.. this is how sexism was able to function for thousand of years. Women were made dependent on men through compulsion. Not born that way.

As for the comment below. It's not comparable to ejaculating. That is completely ridiculous.

• I don't think "men" should pay for stuff directly. I think members if society should be responsible in supporting essential function s. We do this in our current system through taxes.

• Valuable members of society can reach their potential instead of being blocked and pAtronized and left to deal with societies strength and benefit as a personal handicap.

• we don't though... people pay for the water they drink, the food they eat, the energy they use.
      None of those are covered by taxes and they're even more essential than tampons
      And if someone has a condition that requires money for things not covered by the nhs (ore equivalent in your country), they buy it themselves. Because is not the responsibility of other people to pay for someone else is treatment.

• No, I don't think so.

• This is a little ridiculous. The only purpose of a tampon or pad is to keep you clean. If you want to keep yourself clean, go ahead, that has nothing to do with men paying for YOUR choice in hygeine. If you want to have bandaids, go ahead. Toilet paper? Sure. Tampons? Be my guest.
    That's like taxing people if woman or a man because they have a leaky bladder..

• EXACTLY! It's like saying haircuts, soap, toothpaste, toiletries, condoms, underwear, etc. should be covered by taxes. It's something for hygiene but it's not a need fundamental to life.

It just seems like leaching.

• @Azara Bedcare is not comparable to a period.

Those are people physically unable to help themselves. You however, (I would assume) have the sense and capability to address your menstruation on your own.

• @ILostTheKey we shouldn't have to though

• WTF no. Tampons and pads are used because they are sanitary products, if men have to pay for them we might as well pay for, toilet paper, bath towels, body soap because those are sanitary products as well. What about me? I am not sure I want to have children.

• "yes, I know that no all men want children, but not all women want children either yet we still have to bleed anyway so it is only fair that they still have to pay anyway."

• You're a woman take responsibility for it there are things have to take responsibility as well. What if I don't want a man providing for me because I prefer his company rather than him buying me free shit?

• Jesus are you tripping balls right now? Or just trolling because your bored?

• Possibly, but only if women also pay the tax.

• And I only say this because I believe menstruation is a health issue and I think that feminine hygiene products should be covered by health insurance or be subsidized by the government. It has nothing to do with men "providing" for women.

• *below 100 i mean

• @dudeman Your income level and the value of your assets should ABSOLUTELY determine how much you pay in taxes. No other system is fair.

• This idea.. is just.. dumb. People are taxed enough. You have a period... get over it. That is what is wrong with this world. No one wants to take responsibility for themselves.

• Men have expenses that women don't also and suffer in ways women don't as well. Your misandry is equal parts dull and irrational.

• What are these expenses and sufferings that men have and women don't?

• You asking this makes sense... your not so much for equality

• ... WTF

• I disagree. We don't have our periods because of men, we have them because that's how nature made us.
    And just like you said, not all men and women want to have kids, so it makes no sense to me.

• EVERYONE should, because this shit is expensive and BS

• I dont agree with you, its not their fault we have periods. However, your question shouldve been - Menstrual products should be free, because as women we didn't ask to have periods!

• What?
    Lmao.
    No.

• Something is wrong with you