"I wear makeup and heels for MYSELF" do you think it's bullshit when women say this stuff?

• bull fucking shit!!!
  • No, they do it for themselves

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't know. I wear it for myself and i already have a boyfriend...

What Girls Said 33

• No. Contrary to popular belief, we don't do everything to get attention from guys. I don't wear much makeup and I rarely wear heels but when I do its because I want to. If it catches the attention of a guy then great, but if not then I'm still gonna be good.

• Nope, because I know it's true. It might not be *only* for yourself, but it feels good to look good, it's fun to dress up, and a lot of women are genuinely interested in make up and fashion. My friend will experiment with different make up looks for fun and never even leave the house.

How many guys care about the difference between the look and feel of a pair of Louboutins vs. look-alike Steve Maddens? Or L'Oréal vs. Mac products? Girls don't make those choices with guys in mind.

• I say there are women out there who do genuinely like dressing up just so they can look in the mirror and like what they. For whatever reason, it makes them feel good about themselves.

But there are also women who dress up because it's what's expected of them, or they've been taught that it's how you get the attention of the opposite sex.

• Mmmmm no it isn't bullshit.

Make up? Makes us feel good about our faces.

Heels? Makes us feel more confident, sexy etc.

Depends on the woman, because MOST women wear it for themselves but there are the exceptions who don't but if they don't then they don't say they do.

• Not having worn make-up, heels, accessories, and silky things, I can see why you might not understand. But getting all dolled up... it's fabulous. We love doing it on occasion. For us. For the fun of it. Sure, we dress up for you sometimes too. But often it is just because we enjoy doing it.

• No, some women do enjoy wearing heels and makeup. I know I do occasionally. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to look nice. There is also nothing wrong with not wanting to wear makeup. Everyone has different priorities.

• I don't even dress up when I go out bc I hate being stared at. I've dressed up at home a zillion times while maybe ten times in public for events..

So yeah I believe them plus you're forgetting, not all women like men or women. some women are asexual.

• I find it hilarious that Thisi such a huge point if contention for some guys. It upsets them so much lol they try do hard to prove its n it true.

• Do you equally think that when guys dress up it is to attract men?

• Well of course they wear it for themselves, because it makes them feek good! But why does it make them feel good, you ask? Because they feel sexy, and why do they feel sexy? Because the boys like it.💋

• It's just fun to draw on your face, it's also fun to walk around and pretend you're Gigi Hadid or Kendall Jenner up in here when you see your reflection.

Sometimes it's also nice to receive compliments from other women like "oh wow, where'd you get that dress" or "I love your eyeshadow, did you do it yourself?". It makes for easy conversation with them since there's a common interest.

Very rarely, it is to impress a guy. Very rarely.

Sometimes, it's a combination of the above.

• Funny how so many guys think that we wear makeup and heels for them. 😂
    I don't always wear them, but when I do, I do it for myself.

• You'd be shocked to find that not all women validate their existence by what guys think of them. And honestly it's selfish to think women dress up to please men.

• I like to do it because I do like the attention and I like when men (and women) stare at and compliment me so yes I do like to look good for the boys 😉. But I also love applying makeup on myself and seeing how pweety I look cause it definitely makes me feel 10x sexier.

• I think no man has a say in this. You're not a woman. If you were a crossdresser you got a say.

Yes, we do wear make up and heels to look good for ourselves. Maybe it's to hide insecurities. It's because make up and heels make us feel better about ourselves.

• Vote B.

I never wear makeup when not working, even on dates, BUT always love heels and looking good for MYSELF :)

• No. It's not bullshit. It's absolutely plausible. I wear heels because it makes my legs and hips and ass look fabulous and I will unashamedly stare at myself in every reflecting surface I walk by.

• Granted I've always done my own thing always never been a follower. I personally dress for myself, i dont follow fashion trends and i do what i want. Some people may think like me but in general the sexes do things to impress eachother. Personally i feel if you dont like how i dreaa or carry myself oh well but I've never had a complaint.

• some mean it, some don't

• Some may do it for others but most do it for themselves. I know I feel sexier in heels and makeup, its good to feel fierce/fabulous!

• Completely

• If a woman wanted to dress for a mans attention, she might as well just be naked. We do all this for ourselves to look nice and feel good😉

• No. The world doesn't revolve around pleasing guys.

• I've met women on both sides of the line. The funny thing is, the women I've known who dressed to impress other people were doing it to impress women, not men.

• It's true though. But that doesn't mean it's exclusively for themselves. It's just an important reason. If you don't want it for yourself, it's not worth doing.

• FYI we dont dress up for your guys... we do it for ourselves, you're not special. Sowwwyyy

• No somedays I go out all natural face, my hair is a mess and flats. Other days I am dressed like the pageant queen. We really do it for ourselves. My boyfriend has even attest that he likes that my looks are not predictable.

• its so fun to wear makeup and dress up. do little girls do it for men?

• no we do it for ourselves

• I said option B and I don't even wear make up. Don't turn everything into "this is about men"

• No, I think we really do it for ourselves.

• I can only tell you that I don't wear heels to impress anybody.

66.media.tumblr.com/.../...xvuCrQ1rvhqlvo1_500.gif

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 12

• Of course they do it for themselves.
    I've never forced any of my girlfriends to dress in a certain way. That is why my girlfriend walks around without any make-up (she can get out of bed and be ready in 15 minutes) and with sneakers, jeans and a hoody. I'm totally fine with that. We have an agreement that she lets me wear my ripped underwear and socks (which I'm way too lazy to replace) and I don't interfere with her style of dressing. It's a great compromise we've established. I can only recommend it to other people. Everyone gets to be happy by wearing his/her stuff and nobody has to listen to an annoying boyfriend/girlfriend complaining about their looks.

• Some of the women that I have talked to say they do it because they want to look good, and other girls do, and they want to look better!!!
    Most won't usually admit it, but I think most women dress and use make-up to compete with other women!!
    I've talked to a few, and the reluctantly admit they are more concerned about how other women see them, than getting guy's attention!
    I know some are going to say I am full of sht, but I have 'confessions' from several, and it's ok. I don't mind, either way!
    I don't expect women to dress for me, or to get my attention, or I would think that they would wear something VERY different!! :)
    Whatever the reason, generally, we ADORE you ladies, in whatever you wear!! :)

• I think girls like playing with makeup, and I think girls think shoes are fun. I'm sure there are girls that do that just for boys, but I think they think it's more fun than for other reasons.

• Yes, I do believe that it is true BUT on a subconscious level.

• No, because I know I workout for myself. I don't think it's really that crazy of a notion that purple like to feel good about themselves.

• Lol ofc they dont. there's a difference. If you dress yourself up, you want to be pretty.
    If you dont care about appearance, you won't do makeup and heels and shit like that

• It's hard to believe a woman would wear something that uncomfortable for herself.

• Yes it's bullshit.

Much like their claim off showing off their cleavage because "they like to feel good about themselves" ... well, that theory goes out the window when a good looking guy approaches then and then fucks the living shit out of her a few minutes later in her bedroom

• They always whine how they have to dress up and wear makeup and say how lucky guys are that they don't have to do it. They do it for other most of the time.

• Girls wear heels when they want to get laid, not because it's sexy (it's not) but because it makes them look slutty so guys know they're an easy target. (and because of this girls often think they are sexy)

• It's quite possible, because makeup and heels are not attractive at all.

• Well I'd say it's complicated but what they are trying to say is they aren't doing it directly to attract men. They are doing it for lots of reasons and that's not the main one.