It is NOT OK to be fat?

what do you think of this video?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8VlzUKfxTWE

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not okay, it's unhealthy. I don't see any need to ridicule or be rude to people who are overweight, though.

I don't badger people who smoke cigarettes either, as long as it's not in my house and directly affecting me, even if it's very unhealthy and increases their risk of lung cancer. I leave them alone and assume they know the risks, as everyone should by now, and can decide what to do about it for themselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with this guy fully, I agree that some medical conditions would exclude some people I also agree that a persons upbringing would maybe have an influence on their size but I also say if they are aware of that fact they should be able to take advantage of that knowledge and change it. It is an actual health risk and there is no reason to idolize it as some people do. I have been overweight I have lost weight and I'm not where I want to be yet but I'm a heck of a lot closer to it and let me tell you something losing that weight and knowing that you have changed your body in a good way is one of the best feelings that you will ever have. And I encourage anyone who struggles with their weight wether you are morbidly obese or you are just not the size you want to be, to listen to what this man has to say and stop making excuses for yourself. Take some inicitive and have some belief and pride in yourself and lose that weight. Not only will it be healthy to your body but it will also be healthy for your mind and confidence and every aspect of your life. It just plain feels good to make some changes and to have a goal and to see yourself every day coming closer and closer to that goal.

What Girls Said 6

• "Fat" is objective and a useless word. Some people think they're fat when they aren't and some people think they aren't fat when they may appear that way to others. If someone is overweight and has health or medical issues because of it, they need to decide for themselves if that's an issue they want to address or not. Fat shaming doesn't encourage change and it isn't supportive or helpful.

• this guy is obviously overweight. But I think what a lot of people call over weight especially in women is healthy but since all we see is skinny as beautiful we called it fat. I do believe he is missing the point FAT is a mental illness. That is a fact. lol I garuantee the issues that got him that way will still be their when he is skinny because he isn't acknowledging them therefore he will always be unhealthy not the way we can all see but mentally.

• I am of the opinion that whatever the fuck uou want to do with your body is your choice. Mind you, if you have other people who depend on you and your incline in health (which weight is not always indicative of your health) then you may benefit from considering otherwise.

But if you want to eat as much as you want and not care, I am not the body police, you can do you booboo.

• I just think it's not healthy, and being healthy is overall seen as attractive. I would just try not to be obese and gain healthy habits.

• I am fat and i dont appreciate it but its there.

• It is not ok to be far

What Guys Said 4

• There is a reasonable expectation; does everyone need to be ripped and be in super great shape? No, a little bit of fat is fine. However, when you get into the obese range, then you have an issue. If you have a hard time bending over to pick something up due to your fat, then it's an issue. Regardless of your fat levels, it's a good general rule to do some physical activity everyday. I respect this guy in the video and him finding motivation to lose weight. Most importantly, he's not playing the victim.

• I generally like the video (being a kinda chubby myself) but there's one thing he's missing and @somebodysaycheese already mentioned it: obesity is a mental illness. Obese people don't just eat because they think it's fun. They eat because they feel an inner pressure, an urge to eat. I'll give you a real-life example. I have several guy friends who all drink too much alcohol. They don't do it every day but they love to party on the weekends, go to night clubs and stuff like that. For them, it's normal to get completely and utterly wasted on these Friday and Saturday nights. My best guy friend used to do this every single weekend for a number of years until he met his current girlfriend. I kept telling him "buddy, you know this is so unhealthy!" and of course he knew this himself - but he just couldn't change his ways. Alcohol was the perfect way for him to relax and be happy. Another guy friend drinks a lot of alcohol when he struggles with things. When his long-term girlfriend broke up, the first thing he did was to get totally drunk.
    Now, my friends are just average. There are tons of young men (and some women) who are like this. Other kids smoke pot or cigarettes or they sniff a line of cocaine at their local nightclub. My aunt has been trying to quit smoking all her life - she just can't do it.
    I have never had ANY problems with any of these things. I don't smoke, I don't drink alcohol, I don't have any gambling addiction or computer addiction or cell phone addiction or stuff like that... my only problem is that I eat too much. I don't eat unhealthy crap (in fact, I eat quite healthily). I simply eat too much. Now, I freely admit that. But I don't think it's fair that people hate me just for this. Don't we all have our struggles in life? Why is being overweight so much worse than some other things?
    I'm not using my occasional states of stress or depression as an excuse. I know it's stupid to overeat when I'm sad or upset. And I know it's unhealthy to be overweight. What I'm trying to tell skinny people is that it's just not that easy. Being overweight doesn't simply mean that you're lazy. JUST LIKE somebody who can't quit smoking or drinking beer isn't lazy. It has to do with self-discipline, emotional stability and an opportunity to find another way to transform your negative moods into something positive. Many people - smokers, drinkers, gamblers, gamers... and overweight people - simply can't do this or it takes them many years to find a solution.

• Love the video, love his opinion! Fat fucks, we (I am one of you too) all need to hear this!

• that was made but superficial people , i know guy and ladys who are heavy and there just as heavy and live just as long as bony people that could be blown over by the wind lol.