Why do rich people care about money and status so much?

They already HAVE it why not focus on just being happy?

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, you're grouping ALL "rich" people into one category and making a lot of assumptions. Do you know that they are unhappy? Do you know that they care so much about money and status?

Sure, some rich people are absolutely miserable inside... money doesn't make one happy.
    But just because someone has a lot of money, or makes a lot of money, doesn't mean they obsess over it.
    At the same time though, they probably didn't get to a financial position of "rich" by ignoring money. Paying attention to money and making shrewd business/financial decisions make people rich. And even if someone has a lot of money (again, that's subjective... what's a lot to you might not be much to someone else, and vice versa), unless they pay proper attention to it and continue to grow it (by investing wisely and making good financial decisions), that money will disappear quicker than you might expect. A friend of mine just told me he found out that one of his business mentors blew through 2 million dollars in less than 8 months and is in a financial bind right now because of bad decisions and addictions... Money can go QUICK if you're not careful.

Anyway, I think the better question to be asking is why are you so concerned about the personal affairs of "rich" people instead of focusing on your own happiness and success?

Most Helpful Girl

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 11

• To use a line from an old Hollywood movie: "I have been rich and I have been poor. Trust me when I tell you that rich is better."
    It is.

• Pride

• It's the way they or their dads became rich.

• Because they wanna keep the wealth and give some to their kids.

• Having that sort of compulsive/addictive personalities are how they got rich in the first...

• Have a serious heroine addiction and you wind up in jail, but if you compulsively horde money to the extent that you impoverish a nation and you wind up on the cover of fortune magazine to be a role model to everyone...

• Because making money and reinforcing status is the stimulus that makes them happy.

• Because they don't want to lose it and they want more

• "All who have power are afraid to loose it" Money = Power in todays society

• humans like power... and happinesss is subjective. perhaps to SOME of them money is about happiness.

• becuz status give them more jobs and business and the easiest pussy everrr

• The motivation for many of them to have and use money is the status it gives them. The problem with seeking status is the more you have the more you come into contact with people who have more so until you are close to the very top you don't feel like you have enough. You don't think about all the people far below you, they don't count, only the people above you really matter.

What Girls Said 5

• People in the pursuit of wealth and money seem to have the common personality trait of being unable to be happy with what they have, and instead always strive to have more.

• In my family only my grandpa does because he's chief of the name and our family used to be nobility but nobody really listens to him anyways 😅😛

• Who knows. I care for neither. Just live in a way that makes things happy or at livable to your own standards.

• So their kids turn out that way too

• To keep a good reputation