Should I invest in a laptop or tablet?

I find it uncomfortable to study on pc so please suggest what should I invest in... which is better for studying purpose? Also suggest a model.

Most Helpful Guy

• Study? Are you at university? If you need it for typing assignments then there is no contest get a laptop. You will find it a pain in the ass doing assignments on a tablet. Also laptops have better specs than tablets do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would always go for a laptop for studying purposes but the make and model you would need to discuss with a sales person

What Guys Said 4

• For studying laptop is best.

That being said I spend most of my time during the on my iPad, which is much more practical in some areas.

Yes you can get a cheap laptop that's cheaper than an iPad but by the time you nessecary software and stuff it all adds up

• From my experience, a laptop is best. I use a Fuji, now upgraded to Win10. Most software you need will be available as open source and free! Open Office is a good substitute for Microsoft Office. Main thing to do is to make sure you backup everything new on a daily basis. You do not want to lose a week's worth of work in an instant. Use USB hard drive, USB pen drive or SD card. Better still, make two copies and keep them in different places.

• I would never buy a tablet!

• Vendors such as Lenovo and Dell have models of laptops now that have touch screens that can be folded all the way back around the chassis, so they act as a thick tablet.

What Girls Said 2

• Depending on how your using it. But I'd buy whatever makes me feel comfortable. Laptops are far more easier in terms of buying the right programs and you can find handy information about laptops in case you run into trouble! Laptops have been around forever and there will be plenty of resolutions for a laptop in case something happens. Also laptops will last a lot longer than tablets. I swear every tablet I've had has broken after the warranty! However tablets are very light and easy to carry around. Additionally they can be used for photography purposes (art degree?) and if you have an apple computer you can transfer stuff between apple computer and tablet without a USB.
    Like I said it depends on what your comfortable with; I can't suggest a model but if you go with a laptop, make sure its windows 7 or 8 - windows 10 is horrible!

• Laptop for sure.. I take tablets as a not-so-useful luxury..