Why are we so fuckin* addicted to cellphones?

I went to city and I was shocked how people don't even talk to each other, neither look at face, smile. They're just watching at their small screens.

Are we already so brainwashed that we can't turn off this little, useless thing?

That's shocking sites.psu.edu/.../cell-phone-.jpg

58 % of users don't go 1 hour without checking cellphone! We're so brainwashed :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh, I'm really not and hate all of my cells.

ie: When not travelling for work and hiking o/s I NEVER take mine with me.
    People can't believe it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It mostly has to do with the fact that cell phones provide a mental stimulus (usually in the form of new information), which in turn causes production of a chemical within the brain called dopamine.

Dopamine causes people to try to get more of the same stimulus that caused it in the first place, and is a primary chemical in the process of addiction. So, people, in a way, are chemically dependent on their cell phones to give them the stimulus that they crave, in the same way that they would be chemically dependent on nicotine, heroin, cocaine...

• know you can't link shit so here's some source on your claims
      www.telegraph.co.uk/.../...avings-study-finds.html

• Thanks, @Josht11 . You cited a very similar article to the one I wanted to: h t t p : / / w w w. psychologytoday. com/blog/brain-wise/201209/why-were-all-addicted-texts-twitter-and-google

• Yep most of sites like Twitter, facbuk etc... use pschology tricks to get more and more addicted.

What Girls Said 4

• Why dont you talk to them?

• I do sometimes talk to people. But few times happened that girl I talked to was so fucking selfish. haha

• Well the youths live in a technological culture, half their lives are being sapped by those small devices. Better off with a country gurl.

• It's really sad one day I just want to live somewhere in jungle, that's my dream. No technology, no stress :)

• The world is getting overpopulated by morons

http://images.memes.com/meme/187798

• coz most of the people feel lonely in deep heart

• As far as I know facbuk, twitter they're using PSYCHOLOGY tricks to get people addicted more and more. More time they are on for example on twitter more money makes that company simple as that.

• Because they connect us to the people in our lives and to the largest source of information that has ever existed.

Before people had cellphones they didn't talk to random strangers in public either, they read books and newspapers, or sat on trains staring straight ahead, similarly not bothering anyone around them. That's what city life is like; people mutually consent to give each other space.

Get your head out of your arse. If i'm on my phone in public i'm probably texting my long distance boyfriend who I met online; fuck all these narratives that technology makes us less connected or anti social.

• You are already brainwashed :/

What Guys Said 7