Can you easily feel empathy?

I can't and sometimes it just feels... wrong, lol. I know I should feel at least something but it lets me completely cold #RobotHeart

*bump*
bump

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you feel you can easily connect to people? Or do you feel sort of guarded? You can try meditation, trying to understand how the 'heart chakra' works. I can say honestly that being more open and trusting (not the same as being passive or being taken advantage of) makes life experientially lighter and more joyous. It's about looking into peoples' eyes with a sort of deep contentment and confidence in yourself. Like there is nothing to hide. It's a bit difficult to explain. There's many texts on it anyhow! I'd presume the bounding up is due to a fear of expressing yourself openly? This is not the same as being emotional, but part of it stems from finding healthy ways of expressing repressed emotions. Part of it comes from learning how to not give a fig what people think of you. Both an ongoing process.

What Girls Said 34

• I can sort of feel it, the sadness that someone's grandparent is dying or the struggle that soemone is going through but I can't put it into words to comfort them. I can say something like, yah thas is sad and I wish I could make it better. But I do'nt know how to say "I know how you feel" because I don't.

• It's easiest with people I know and care about, but it doesn't stop there. I try to empathize with people, whether I know them or not. It helps with keeping a balanced perspective, and figuring out right from wrong. Does take some conscious reminding sometimes, especially if they're not a person you're inclined to empathize with, and I inevitably slip up and forget to, but I think it's good to try.

• Could it be because you grew up in a home or in a culture that shows or gave you none?
    As sad as it sounds, those who never receive love don't know how to love... Same it goes with every other emotion.

Yes I can feel empathy and very well as well. I am empathetic and have received it as well.

• Lol yeah I'm the same, it's really hard for me to feel real empathy unless someone tells me about something extremely serious like they have untreatable cancer for instance but don't you ever come to me when you had an argument with your SO lmao like bitch please... In case I notice the person is extremely upset I'm a good actress though. Lol I just don't wanna have an asshole reputation.

• Not anymore... I used to, but after everything; it's hard for me.

I've become hardened and, it scares me tbh. I'm afraid of who I'm becoming. I try to put myself in their shoes and try to care.

• I'm super empathetic, but that doesn't mean I'm not capable of being harsh if it comes down to it.

• Nope ); I feel nothing!

• Yeah I am very sentimental

• Only if it's about someone I care to a point and can relate. Other wise I have no idea how to feel empathy, then if anyone makes me angry. Then I won't show any empathy and could say and do horrible things without feeling bad at all.

• I am an extremely empathetic person. When a person is upset, I absorb their feelings and can feel what they feel.

• eh depends on what it's about. got a moderately thick layer of wariness before the empathy comes out.

• Yes, I can usually. It is a gift and a curse but overall, it's a good thing. I think it's possible to teach yourself to be more empathetic by listening to people and reading sensitive things or maybe it will take life experience to evoke it out of you. If you are a nice person, you are probably fine for now though.

• no... i have a lot of problems with that... i try to force myself to feel it so i dont come out as a cold bitch, but sometimes it's just too strong lol

• I am cold sometimes. Sometimes i'm just pretending that i am cold but i love helping people who need it.

• I can, I'm an extremely empathetic person.

• Only if it's something that I can relate to, such as something I've gone through or am going through.

• Fairly easily. Probably too easily.

• you are a reflection of your cold weather

• I am like you unless the person cries in front of me and the situation is serious

• I'm extremely empathetic

• I am super super emotional. If you cry I cry too. :(

• Short answer Yea.

• yes I do and sometimes it is so overwhelming I go to sleep to stop feeling

• im like this too.

• Yes I can feel empathy for people very easily and it feels right to me

• Yep.

• Yes I'm not a shallow bitch. Lol.

• Yes, I am an extremely empathetic person. Too much, in fact.

• I feel too much empathy. I often make other people's problems my own.

• Bahahahah #RobotHeart indeed.
    As for me. Towards animals, yes. Towards people, no.

• lol same here... show me an abused animal and I get watery eyes in no time but people... nah

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 21

• Hi! I feel empathy instantly with anyone, but it varies from person to person. I've always being like this, since my childhood, but each person have it's own natural strengths.

This is the base of Emotional Intelligence, which for your happiness continuously change and you can just develop it through out your entire life!

I suggest you to read something about Emotional Intelligence, I love books, so I recommend to you the authors Daniel Goleman, and Tom Rath.

On the other hand, which maybe the case, you may suffer from some hormonal disorder, and this can be both verified and regulated with the assistance of an endocrinologist.

• I can feel it very easily but I wish I didn't because I know most people don't deserve it, I know it but I still can't help but feel empathy for them, which often turns out bad for me.

• For a bit... then... nothing.

• As unbelievable as it might seem, i'm actually hugely empathetic to people who have problems out of their control. I have very little, if any for people who can do something about a problem but don't.

• I need to work on getting more empathy

• I easily feel empathy, yes.

• 1|2
  • Depends on who you are. If I like you, I will feel bad for you over the smallest shit.

If I don't, I could light you on fire and not feel a damn thing.

• I'm only human. Nobody is truly cold-hearted. Nobody.

There will always be some reason to feel empathy. ALWAYS.

• No, I think I'm sadistic...

And this isn't good because as you get older, people experience real problems such as brain tumors and people don't have time for people who can't care about other people...

• Used to. Changing that.

• Yes! I'm more girly than manly 😂😂😂

• I used to however , my empathy is gone as my people took great advantage of my kindness.

• I have kind of the same issue

• Yeah I guess

• Yeah

• Sometimes.

• yes, i can feel it

• no I'm a robot too

• Nope struggle with it myself, even if I try find it difficult.

• I can if I want to.