What is the book that changed everything and made you love reading?

I don't like reading at all. I've only read about 5 books in my life from cover to cover and actually enjoyed them. I just can't seem to find anything that interests me and large books intimidate me.
Even in all of my English classes i've gotten by not reading the entire books. I try and try but can't get myself to read them. I know some people who used to hate reading too and one book changed the world of books for them. I wish that was me.

0|0
15|10

Most Helpful Guy

• I've always loved reading but The Stranger really got me into fiction. Prior to that I read to gain knowledge. This opened me up to the world of ideas, a world of pondering. It's still one of my favorites.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• When i was in middle school, it was Animorphs... then Harry potter, then Artemis Fowl... all books in a series.

1|0
    0|0
  • 3|0
    0|0
  • Harry Potter, I think I was third it fourth grade. First real novel I read that want for school. Sometimes I think back, how did I not realise Professor Quarrel was the bad guy, I mean his name quarrel for crying loud.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wuthering heights

1|0
    0|0
  • Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter.

1|0
    0|0
  • Big Friendly Giant it's a great book

1|0
    0|0
  • The Animorph books i really liked when I was real little

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't recall, I took to reading early.

When I was a freshman in High School they put me in the advanced English Lit class. Twenty-four seniors, two juniors and me. The teacher gave us a list of 30 books, classics, to choose from for that quarter's book report. He enjoined us to pick one we had not already read.

I waited until after the class (I'm not stupid) and told hm I'd already read them all. He asked me a few questions about some of them at random then shrugged and told me to just finish whatever I was reading and report on it. It was 'Jurgen' not the most appropriate for a Catholic school.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• hmm! Princess academy!

1|0
    0|0
  • The Percy Jackson series and The Heroes of Olympus series 😊❤

1|0
    0|0
  • My parents library was always filled with autobiographies and memoirs.

Her reading excerpts to me from these when she was home, gave me my love of books.

I can't narrow it down to just one.

1|1
    0|0
  • Too long to type but it's a self help book

1|0
    0|0
  • magic tree house series, aka the first book series i read all the way through

1|0
    0|0
  • Carrie by Stephen King

1|0
    0|0
  • (1998) Harry potter serie made me start to love reading. Now, i'm a readaholic and the books that i read has to be 300-500 pages minimum (except classic literature)

1|0
    0|0
    • I would love to read harry potter but there are sooooo many and it's sooooo big. And i'd rather watch the movie. I need motivation.

• well, check for books that have the same genre as the movies that you like and with less pages.

• That's a good idea. Thanks :)

• The lovely bones!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Couldn't tell you, because I have always loved to read.

1|0
    0|0
  • After by Anna Todd changed everything and made me read like crazy

1|0
    0|0
  • the golden compass

0|0
    0|0
  • Crime and Punishment.

1|0
    0|0
  • HP series.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly the Twilight series kick started my love of reading. I always hated reading in school, mainly because it was always books that were uninteresting to me. Now i read over a hundred books a year.

1|0
    0|0