Why are we fighting to live if we living to die?

0|2
11|13

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll have to ask Edgar Winter.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Life can be about more than just existing until you die. You just have to create a meaningful life for yourself that's worth getting up every morning and fighting for.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• There's never a straight answer. But only fools FIGHT to live; only fools think of life as a river with that classic, inevitable waterfall end, bounding against the current on their petty rowboats hoping to make life last forever. If we fight to live and resist death then we are all fools.

And so we live our lives to die in the end. Would you enjoy a song that played on forever? How hellish would it be to perform such a song? Song's are precious and beautiful if they have a finish, an ending that can make us go, "Wow, that was good while it lasted." In this modern area we have the power to rewind our players and hear it again but in life we don't. So, it's more like a musical performance. We play our best and make mistakes, so that we can feel relief in the end, look back and say to ourselves how great we did. People who don't even try will have a horrible performance. Luckily life is so long that if you at least try, you'll get better by the end and deserve an applause. And we will never get the joy of that journey or that applause if we don't at least try.

1|1
    0|0
    • Did you say that for the Mho

• @Harbor Nah, I just tend to talk a lot because I'm a philosophying geek. And I like metaphors. And I love this question.

• True. Well I liked what you said (: I like your way of thinking.

• I don't know about that, but this does remind me of a quote from my Ask A Ninja: Ninja Handbook.

"They will never learn until they stop spending all of life preparing for death." -Joan of Arc

1|0
    0|0
  • We're not living to die. We're fighting to live, so that we may experience more. Death is naught but a new beginning, a fresh start.

0|0
    0|0
  • because we forget that we all are gonna die.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't live to die, you live to live.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's coded into our DNA.

0|0
    0|0
  • So we an prolong the inevitable as much as possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe your fighting I'm just chilling on GAG,

0|0
    0|0
  • Because that's the game, silly.

0|0
    0|0
  • because we were suppose to live.

0|0
    0|0
  • That quote should be in a freestyle rap

0|0
    0|0
  • "The Myth of Sisyphus is the story of a man named Sisyphus, who is condemned by the gods to ceaselessly roll a stone to the top of a hill, only for it to fall back down after reaching the top of the hill. Sisyphus repeats this meaningless task over and over again forever, and that is all his life entails (Keefer). Sisyphus' situation is the epitome of life. Our lives are filled with many ups and downs which continue till the day we die. From the perspective of an onlooker, Sisyphus’ life is completely meaningless, as his whole life involves a perpetual struggle which he will never win. However, if Sisyphus was to be happy with his situation, and his struggle filled his heart, he would say that his life is meaningful.

Let’s also, look at the hypothetical case of Martha, a highly regarded, scientist who found a cure to cancer. Martha’s cure helped save the lives of millions, bringing great joy and happiness to the cancer patients and their loved ones. Martha, however, was also a clinically depressed and suicidal woman. She was unmarried and lived alone, and was not close to any of her family members. All Martha wanted in her life, was a family of her own, who would love her. Martha saw no meaning in her life, and killed herself one night. To the millions of people Martha’s cure for cancer helped, her life was meaningful. To Martha, her life was not.

life’s meaning is relative to the individual’s perspective. There is not a right answer or a wrong answer, all answers are infallible and you get to choose your answer for yourself. "

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Because if we're alive then we may as well make the most of it before death claims us.

0|0
    0|0
  • We all know we are going to die, but we must enjoy our time on Earth. Because if we don't fight, then life is not worth living.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

0|0
    0|0
  • Because all of the fun stuff happens when you're alive. When you're dead you can't do that shit anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • For the meaning of life before death.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is that question supposed to be deep? Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Well why do we go on vacation if it's just gonna end anyway. We do it for the experience

0|0
    0|0
  • Instinct + biology.

0|0
    0|0
  • To make a difference in this world, li

0|0
    0|0
    • Like maybe inventing a new super useful thing or discovering new universe facts that would make a huge difference in our lives like newton, and so that we could be immortal, and become alive while we're dead.

• Death is inevitable. However this is really a simple question. Why do people press the snooze button even though they know they have to get out of bed? Because the extra moments relaxing in bed feel nice. We resist the ineveitable because we want to spend as much time doing what makes us happy. Even though it's pointless, it's human nature.

0|0
    0|0