Would you report your neighbor if she left her 7 year old daughter at home to go out dating?

Normally, I'd consider it but since she a crazy bitch who verbally abuses her daughter and would probably key my truck in the middle of the night for doing so I'm reluctant to do anything. What would you do in my shoes? Granted if social services took her daughter away she'd be living with her grandmother who I heard is worse.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that would make you a Nazi. First tell her that you're not gonna stand by and watch her leave a seven year old at home alone in the future, and that if she does it again you'll report her quicker than cockroaches are drawn to her apartment. This way you've taken the "Man-up" approach and didn't rat her out like a spineless weasel.

• Probably the best approach since she'd know it was me anyway. Ill just have to sleep with one eye open if she doesn't care and i report her.

What Girls Said 6

• I would absolutely report it. If she doesn't have a family member who is better able to care for her, CPS should place her with a foster family. They will know what to do for the child, don't be worried about that.

• As a male, its hard to even approach the situation because if it were me I'd invite her daughter over to my house, however like I said you're a 26 year old man and she may think not so innocently. I think you should leave it because if her grandmother is worse.. then she's better at home. Plus she probably enjoys her alone time whilst her mum goes out, no one to verbally abuse her. However 7 years old is too young.

• Oh yes!!! It'll prevent her from doing it to someone else's child. If she's crazy yes report her or just call the sheriff and see what would be appropriate way to handle it. Does she babysit many kids? If she does, just don't mention your name. She may or may not know who reported her but have protection in your house and car incase of her popping up on you. If it's too much, you can always let it slide and let her go as a babysitter.

• No she doesn't babysit. Confronting her would probably my best bet since the neighbor on the other side lives with his girlfriend and is never home while I'm occasionally there Friday and Saturday nights. Wouldn't be hard to figure out it was me. Chances are if she calls my bluff or if I actually report her I'd have to move out for fear of retribution; so id have prepared in any case. Real shame because with all the verbal and mental abuse the daughter is going to grow up as bad as the mother or grandmother (who i just saw this morning) and is just as bad with the girl's mother.

• I would in a heartbeat

• Yea that's a tough one. The child isn't old enough to be alone and the mom doesn't care yet the granny is worse but I think I'd still report it. That child needs to have a speaker since she's just a baby so call report and hopefully this will have a happy ending. But it's hard cause what's best for the child remaining in abuse or being taken away from her Moma but kids would much rather BE from a broken home than LIVE in a broken home.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, I would some people should not be moms

• Hell yeah, wtf is that all about.

• A woman in her 40s willing to put her daughter aside to find a man while she still looks good.

• Disgusting. I would report her in a heartbeat without hesitation