How best to get over your insecurities?

I'm insecure about some things about me and I care way to much about what people think of me! Even people I don't know. It's getting annoying and was wondering if you guys and gals have any good ways to stop caring and to get over my insecurities!
Any help would be great! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• The first thing to remember is that every one in the world feels insecure about something. Some people are good at hiding it, others are more vulnerable to what people think about them. There are few tips what you can do to be less insecure and to be proud of yourself and everything what you have.
    1. Listen to the people who like you. Remember compliments you take and believe in those people. You are good and there are people who see, value and appreciate it.
    2. Do not be afraid to be different. Do not be afraid if someone says that you are not that good. All the people who deserve to be called "Special" once were considered "bad" and were laughed at. People always try to manipulate those ones who overcome social rules. There's 2 reason they do so : Fear (that they can't do the same thing) and envy (that you managed to do it.)
    3. If you feel insecure about your looks. That is one of the easiest thing to overcome. Who can tell you what is beauty? If i say that i am the most beautiful person - who can deny it and tell me arguments against it? If we don't even have definition of beauty. Even models are not attractive for some people and it is silly to wait that every one will like you. But there are always girls who really like you.
    4. If people think that you are good then you should really change something about you. Cause if you are good in the eyes of people it means you are no one and nothing. It means you never did something challenging. So don't try to look good in the eyes of the stupid crowd be special, be bad (i don't mean bad guy).
    5. Remember you are the best friend of yourself. If you like yourself than others will like you too. For example big booty was perceived as unattractive and ugly 50 years ago. Then appeared celebrity who said "i have big booty and i am proud of it. It is the best part of my body." She made it a rule for other people. She made her weakness into her strength. It may sound funny and yes it is. Our lives are funny as hell.
    Your imperfections make you special. Value them and appreciate them. Every inch of you is special. There's no one like you in the world. And those are not empty words.
    6. Take time for being alone. For being yourself. I do it on Saturday evening and i call it my "saint' Saturday. You should feel comfortable with yourself and others will feel same about you.
    There's saying " If you want to be happy, be!" i would say - If you want to stop caring about your insecurities, then stop. :)

What Girls Said 3

• If you're insecure about how u look, you could change it, for example if you're insecure about your weight then lose some, there's always a way to improve things you're insecure about.

• 1st key is : NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT PEOPLE
    Whatever you'll look like or be like and so on they will keep treat u like shit or think shit about you so just think this : FUCK THAT SHIT

and then everything is gonna be easier and if there is something you don't like about yourself because YOU don't like it not because PEOPLE don't like it then change it :)

• fake it till you make it. or for the love of yourself try chaging it.

What Guys Said 3

• You have to know and understand that the whole world is not revolving around you. Not all the attention is on you. You are not the main target. There are other people and things to look at and think about. It doesn't mean you shouldn't care about yourself; you just don't have to be so cautious about it.

• Stop caring about what others think of you. I used to be like you. Go take swing dancing lessons, they helped me and get some real friends to encourage you. The rest will come with, oh and seek ways to be pushed out side of your confort zone.