People who don't like hugs: How come?

I don't mind hugs myself although it depends on who it is. I love hugging my boyfriend but found out months ago that he doesn't like them (though continues to hug me anyway to make me happy). I found out the reason why he doesn't like them (although he says he's now starting to) is that he wasn't used to them: Turns out his family & friends don't hug him like some of mine do with me. I've known other people who don't like hugs too although didn't think to ask why although I have some theories. So people who don't like hugs: Why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like hugs with just anyone but liked it only with girlfriend or wife, other than that it's just awkward with other people

What Guys Said 6

• Some autistic people are afraid of that. Take Temple Grandin for example. She never liked hugs because it scared her. So she always used a hug machine to calm her down.

• Anyone can hug me. I'm a hugger. That's one thing that all of you should know about me.

• That's like asking someone why doesn't he like a certain flavor. Personal preferences are not necessarily logic-bound. I hate being hugged or touched even though my parents did hug me plenty when I was a kid. Now that I think about it the only person I've let hug me freely was my first girlfriend and I didn't mind it for some reason. Everyone else - I want to punch them as soon as they try something like that.

• It weirded him him out. He wasn't used to hugs because he wasn't getting any.

• They don't like being touched for some reason

• i dont like hugs from many people, only a select few can hug me.

• I like hugs from people I can be completely at ease with. I don't like hugs from people I don't particularly like or from women who might become a bit too familiar if I am too easy in manner with them. That is to say I don't want to give them the wrong idea.

I find women are inclined to be attracted to me very easily and I don't want to send mixed signals.

What Girls Said 0