Is it acceptable for 16 year old girl and a guy who is turning 18 in August to be together?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it is not acceptable for a 16 year old girl and guy to be together. For one, statutory rape laws could land him in jail being abused with a tainted record. Two, when you begin the journey of adulthood, your needs in a partner completely shift. Someone who is only 16 may not be able to sufficiently provide his evolved needs. Not only that, but navigating through adulthood is tricky enough without adding a tricky relationship to it especially if he plans on going off to college. In that situation, the 16 year old is very likely to get her heart broken because the man may decide to leave her or possibly chose a grown woman over her.

• um ok one we are long distance to start so the college thing don't bug me 2 he did not plan to do any thing sexual with me 3 a broken heart is not that bad

• @orphan um i don't think there is a collage thare but i could be wrong thare may be like a public collage or something

What Guys Said 22

• If your a freshman and he is a senior then it is fine.

• ok cool so fare thare is only one girl who as a sitch with this lol

• Scenarios such as this are why Romeo and Juliette laws were enacted. I personally am not good at the whole dating thing because I am fearful that I would mess up, but you seem pretty mature so as long as your parents permit it (you are still a minor) it should be fine.

• I think that is fine, they are close in age, but as a father he would have to undergo "the talk". LOL

• The talk what talk?

• sorry about the finger lol

• the horse is cute when im older i would like to get a quarter horse or a clydesdale

• Of course it's okay.

• It's ok, it's just 2 yeas difference, not bad.

• It's only two years lol
    Some people however do have an issue with it, though I'm not entirely sure why. Something about the age of 18 being considered an adult and adults and children shouldn't be in relationships or something of that regard. I ignored it when it happened to me, good luck with your situation.

• o its not going to change any i was just wondering lol i dont think we would have been together 6 months if age was a sitch lol

• Yes, it is socially and legally fine.

• Under Romeo and Juliet laws in the USA, that should be ok

• Of course it's okay.

• You want advice but will do what ever you want to do then why ask for the advice if you won't take any info consideration.

• Um I do take note of what everyone says

• @Asker it depends on the school he goes to and how far away it is. 2 years of age isn't much. Do you think you could handle him being in college while you are still in high school?

• it dont really matter how far it is becuss we live 14 hours away to start

• yeah i think its ok

• Nope

• why not?

• At least you seem like a good kid. You could be one of those girls that sleeps are puns and gets pregnant. You seem like a very conscientious young lady. That trait will serve you well in your future.

• I lack the ability to hold a grudge or to be angry for very long you have to have done something truly unforgivable in my eyes for me to hate you. If i remember right my last relationship was 5 months after he left me i cried 30 min punched something and was done did not cry or think about it again after that.

• Yes definitely

• It's no more of a big deal than a 24 year old being with a 22 year old.

• yeaaaahh... look time gaps are not the problem the problem is when a 15 year old is dating someone (first problem) and the other issue is when he is dating someone who is older and can maniulate her (lets be honest teenegers are not very smart)

• ya you are right teens are dumb but i'm not easily manipulated

• Yes it's acceptable because it's a two year age difference and its legal in most places

• It's ok :D

• Why not.. I don't think that any policeman would ask for your IDs if they saw you

• yessss it is if he isn't a jerk

• Its just 2 years, no big deal, its perfectly normal.

• lol i just looked up what the difference is and it's not even 2 its 1 year, 7 months, and 16 days. lol damn i did not need to know the exact at list it did not do hours and seconds lol

• sure why not, the age gap is pretty small, it shouldn't be a problem :)

• lol so fare only 3 people say its a bad thing lol and really the only thing thy got is sex stuff and him going to collage

• its actually illegal lol. if you ask me? i wouldn't care but who the fuck i am lol

• um its not illegal

• lol do whatever you want.

• lol well im 16 not 15 so its not illegal i was just wondering if people found this acceptable

What Girls Said 12

• Yea, he's only about 2 years older.

If I was a parent, I would be more comfortable if she didn't just turn 16 like a week ago and if he isn't turning 18 in like a week. Because I would be the calender type mom-who counts every day, haha. But they are basically the same age.

• Yeah.. I don't see a problem with that

• Yeah it's chill. My ex-bf and I were 2 years apart.

• I would say find out what your parents think of it. That's going to be the most relevant opinion other than your own.

• um he is fine with it we have been together 6 months i was just wondering lol

• Well it might be telling you something that you felt the need to ask. I dunno. Good luck. ✌

• Yeah

• I think it is. It's just a 2 year gap, not a big deal.

• That was my situation last summer except I was the older one. We've been together for a year and I'm really happy I'm with him

• That's not even 2 years? Of course it is.

• so fare i only have to people saying its bad and all thy got on it is sex and collage witch is not really a prob with us

• Well then it sounds like you have it all worked out then.

• ya pretty much lol

• Why not?
    It's not like it's a 14 year old girl is going out with a 30 year old guy, so.

• Definitely. I'd say it's okay to date within 3 years of your age starting from age 15.

• Yeah definitely

• Yessss