Is it trashy to drive a car that has paint peeling?

The clearcoat has been coming off my car. Just wondering if it looks trashy

Most Helpful Guy

• It is normal for the topcoat of the paint to peel, especially in places with warm weather. I live in a desert climate area and I see that all the time.

When it comes to cars i'm a "function over flash" person, so for me I wouldn't waste money on such a minor cosmetic thing as some paint peeling in hot weather.

What Guys Said 9

• It is a car. As long as it does not break down all the time I would not try to get a woman to change her car. It really does not matter.

• "trashy" would be the wrong word but if the individual probably not in a very good part of one's life if his/her wheels are falling apart.

• No but be careful, it's protective layer that also protects the car against corrosion. Better do some research to find out that your car will not end up in the scrapyard in 2 years or so :o

• depends on your occupation and age.

• If it is your car and you paid for it. Be proud and grateful.

• nahhh

• How does it start and drive?

• It works fine. I just don't people to see my car and think I'm white trash

• That's good though, my car is hard to start.

• If its the work car its ok. One has to have a family car for the family.

• It's not trashy, some people just can't be bothered with it (e. g. other expenses, time, trade-ins for a new car, etc.).

What Girls Said 5

• Not really, it's a car.

• Yes it dose look trashy, but if it still gets you from point A to point B with any problems I would not worry about how it looks

• Yeah I think so.
    Kinda of gross looking too.

• (still. laughing)

• No. I think it's totally fine