Should I write an article on why I don't wear a bra?

I am an intern at a media/publishing company where I can write about whatever. Wondering if this is a good idea. I promise you me deciding not to wear a bra has nothing to do with taking a stand or feminist idea. It's just for comfort.

PLEASE DONT SAY ANY SE. XUAL COMMENTS, THEYRE JUST TI. TS GET OVER IT.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like it has potential. But not from the angle of why YOU do not wear one. Write it with the idea of why women in general often do not wear one. And how it affects them (physically, confidence-wise, etc.) People will want to hear something that applies to them, not just hearing "your" story.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't wear a bra, and I think it would be a good idea for an article, as long as you stepped *away* from the comfort thing.

There is no article there. No controversy, no intrigue. We all love taking off a bra at the end of the day. I would focus on the science and the cultural aspects, as well as the feminist stances on free the nipple, clothing rules in schools, and the history of female undergarments and female grooming habits. Look into shaving, it's a hoot and a half.

I know it's harder to attack this stuff, but you get what you work for. Writing about comfort is too soft, although the specifics of 'transitioning' would make a good companions/follow up piece.

What Guys Said 22

• "Why I dont wear a bra" is a terrible tittle because no one cares. If you want to get people interested you should title it as "Health benefits of not wearing a bra", or something like that.

• gonna be one hell of a short article. most women that don't wear bras have small cup sizes... at least i think that is what the response will be.
    All in all... not a good topic nor article.

• Ehh I don't see how that is interesting... at least not to men. If more women read that, then fine, but if you're an intern, I'd try to do more important stuff than that, in order to create a good impression.

• True but this publishing company loves controversy. Just last week I wrote an article of I am considering not having children. I would've been a harlot if it was the sixties. Plus I am not going to convince women to not bras. It's totally a choice to not wear a bra just like how it's a choice to wear one.

• I don't know. Is there enough to write about on just comfort alone? I think a lot of woman wear bras dispite their discomfort to hide their nipples in some casual and professional clothing and too keep their boobs from sagging over time.

I also read somewhere once that bras can help with breast development and can reduce the chance of heavier breasts creating an arc in your back. Id suggest looking it up a bit yourself.

• I will include the science aspect. I have experienced one too many horror stories of the awful things bras do.

• Be certain to include how not wearing a bra stretches Cooper's ligaments so by the time you are 50 your boobs hang down to your knees.

• It's a potential topic.. And coming from a young female.. Will means a unique overview and insight into the matters..
    Although everyone loves ( . )( . )

• I think you should, but I don't think you should make it about why you don't, I think you should just make it about why not to wear a bra. I don't think making it personal benefits you. Oh, and I'm sure they're not just tits, I'm sure they're a very lovely pair of breasts.

• Sure, write the article. It would definitely be an attention getter.

• if you like as you say it's just comfort.

i know lots off girls that don't wear them it's no big deal

• 1|0
  • I don't think anyone cares

• Only if you feel comfortable doing so

• Make sure your title is creative.

• Sure, why not

• if you think it's will be an intresting article then why not?

• Sure, why not?
    Free the tit!!!

• i like to free my buddies to for better comfort sometimes. yes write the article.

• It's an odd lifestyle choice but if you want to write about it go right ahead...

• Haha lol but yeah I think you should

• if you think this is more interesting, relevant, and important thing you could write go for it

• Some girls really are obsessed with their breasts. I'm just trying to imagine a world where a dude would be put in a situation where he can write an article about why he doesn't wear boxers, or something.

• Why would we want to read that?

• It's not really targeted towards guys.

• Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. It's all about personal taste. I have several girls from the comments begging me to write one so I am going to do it.

• Lol well apparently I don't know their interests lol

• Okay

What Girls Said 13

• I feel like that will just make you be The Girl Who Doesn't Wear A Bra around the office :/

What does the company or whatever specialize in? Regular news or?

• The interns write about whatever they want as long as it's not offensive or abrasive to others. I think it's just regular news. Interns can write funny articles, something serious, or just voice their opinion and specialize in just people from the millenial generation.

• I think it was in like the 60s and in Florida so different place different times

• I'm just glad his family got justice in the end

• Sounds like a lovely idea but be careful because keep in mind how people can be when it comes to boobs and bras...

• Yeah I tried saying no sexual comments but that didn't stop one guy who made his opinion private.

• ugh guys can be so gross. i just meant in general cause you know people will try to make it seem worse than it is

• Sure, I read that if you stop wearing a bra when you're younger that actually helps to keep your boobs from sagging as badly when you're older.

• Are you a smaller cup size?

• Yeah if you want to. I'm sure people would read it.

• Seems like a good one. I'd still suggest you write a bit about GaG. More people to know about us :)!

• I would be interested in reading such an article! But I assume that there'll be comments about sexism and such.

• I personally wouldn't find that very interesting to read. But that's just me

• I dont have an opinion but I just wanted to let you know that I too dont wear bra's because they are uncomfortable to me

• if there is no reason but for comfort it sounds like a boring article

• I am thinking of adding other reasons why girls shouldn't wear bras and if girls want to transition to not wearing a bra, I will include ways they can transition. But only if they want to wearing a bra or not wearing a bra is a choice and some girls think bras are comfortable. I will include the science aspect. Because science says bras are what make our boobs saggy and I have horrors stories of bras giving me bruises, cutting off my circulation, making it difficult to breath which is weird I always make sure to have the right size.

• there is no reason that should have happened to you if you were wearing the right size. But if you want to go ahead but it isn't something I personally find interesting

• Yes of course, bras are very uncomfortable for a lot of us esp me.

• Yea you go for it.

• Are your boobs small? Mine are big and I can't go without wearing one. Does it hurt? Ahhh! Write it please. :)

• No they are quite large. I am wearing a camisole with a built in bra which is working great. I looked online for tips and many other girls recommended having good posture is important and that bralets, like the one below are great.
      www.polyvore.com/.../img-thing