Does love cure depression?

• Yes
  • No
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course not. That's like asking if love cures broken bones.

What Girls Said 10

• No, it doesn't and if someone thinks that falling in love is going to make everything okay again, I don't think they understand the way mental illness works. It isn't something that gets turned off and on cause you met prince charming, it's something that you have to actively fight against. Being in love and having that person there is incredibly valuable and it makes fighting depression or any other mental illness a hell of a lot easier because that support is exactly what you need, I can say that from experience, but it doesn't just get rid of everything and suddenly you'e cured.

• It definitely does not unfortunately. If it cures someone's depression then they didn't have depression.

• Depends, is the love with the person healthy?
    Because love may cause depression, love may cure it. Depends on the people involved.

• I voted for no, but did you mean love from someone else? if it's so, no. But if it's about loving yourself, accepting yoursel, your past, present and future, etc, yes, self-love can cure depression

• No, it really doesn't. Love isn't a medication or an effective treatment for anything. If you're depressed, see a doctor.

• Maybe I don't know

• I think it can if the person with depression allows it to.

• It can definitely help, but not on it's own.

• I would love to say yes. But I don't think so. I mean in some cases yea sure but sometimes leaving what you love behind and letting it be free might break your heart but also cure you.

• Love cures everything

• I hope this is sarcasm

• I'm not sure about that. I think heartbreak and sadness alone causes illness. I read an article once that stated people who were more social and had a larger group lived longer and had less illnesses. I think if you feel loved and have love in your life, you'll be happier. And your mentality is related to your physical health. It goes without saying it has a huge impact on a healthy mental state.

• Yes, you get asbestosis because you don't have enough love in your life. Okay, Tom Cruise.

What Guys Said 11

• yes, affection causes happiness hormones to be released in the brain, it will protect against depression.

• If it did love songs would be medicine

• sometimes it cures it, sometimes it causes it

• Yes of course it does

• I hope it cures mine someday

• I think maybe so but I don't know. I've been depressed for most of my life, and I haven't had many friends and no female friends at all. Never had a girlfriend, never been kissed, still a virgin.. I just feel like a need a girl really badly.

• Of course it does. But there is a high risk in which it can amplify the depression.

Be aware.

• It may not cure it, but it definitely helps.

• True depression? No. "I'm sad and feel bad about myself?" Sure, but that's not real depression.

• I wish it did

• It definitely does, without a doubt.