Husband told toddler to toughen up?

My 2 yr old daughter got stung on her toe by a bee, she stepped on the bee after me telling her to put her shoes back on she might step on a bee he tells her she can go bare foot. After I brought her inside he actually yelled at me telling me I over reacted by putting backing soda paste on her toe and then told her she needed to toughen up. I didn't over react by bringing her in the house or by doctoring her sting. It's what any caring parent would do. What do you think? Did I over react? She was screaming ow and crying. What was I supposed to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• She is too young to understand anyway and what you did was right. Thumbs up for great mom.👍

Most Helpful Girl

• Really you're both right. He shouldn't have acted the way he did though, and you were right to treat the sting.. But it is good to teach kids to be tough.

What Guys Said 5

• I am guessing you got the sting out. Also yes, he was over the top, you were in the right doing what you needed to do.

• interesting... my first bee sting happend by stepping on dead bee. So your 2 y/o sounds abit' soft huh... lol. Oh man, your husband sounds really unpleasant and probably not good with kids. He wouldn't happen to have been intoxicated when he said this would he?
    ughh... Sounds like something my dad would've said honestly.

• Actually yea he had a few beers

• Both of you reacted just fine.

• Rub some dirt in it.

• tough call. on one hand, she's gotta learn sometime, but, i dk, it may have been too young

What Girls Said 2

• You did the right thing, I got stung on the hand when I was 6 and my dad babied me. She needs to know that emotions are okay

• you did the right thing. God I got stung when I was like 10 and my dad still babied me when I cried