What are some tv shows you just couldn't get into? They can be popular?

For me, Greys Anatomy and Vampire Diaries. I thought Greys anatomy was predictable and because I come from a family of healthcare workers, I can't begin to tell you how unrealistic that show is. For me that really lowers the quality of the show. I couldn't get into Vampire Diaries because I thought the main character Elena, was very one dimensional, needy, and bland. She reminded me of Bella from Twilight.

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone says that Walking Dead it GREAT!! and Game of Thrones, but I haven't found the 'hook' episode that makes me want to watch!!
    Any recommendations from fans of either?
    I ABSOLUTELY HATED Star Trek the Next Generation, until the 'Inner Light,' and 'Darmok' and 'Lessons'. After seeing those, and how they developed the captain, I went back and watched, and it was so much more than I thought, at first!
    Several other series have been like that too!! Just needing that 'Hook' episode that makes me need to know what happens!

• I'm happy you gave Next Gen a chance. Honestly it's not easy to get into because of that first season, and that's because I believe Gene Roddenberry (who was a well known pinko) had more direct involvement in the first season. It's why the characters come off as so self-righteous in the early parts of the show.

When you officially get to the very first Borg episode (which is in Season 2), that's the point I've noticed where people began getting grabbed.

• @guy532 That's a HUGE time commitment, and that might cut into my 'porn' schedule! :) :) :)

• Not so much cutting into 'porn' for me, but I don't know if I want to commit to TWO SEASONS, to get hooked, when I am WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY overdue for a review of the original Wonder Woman, with Linda Carter, and just after that, Profiler, with Ally Walker (WOW!!)
      Much more a fan of voyager, than Next Gen, especially at the beginning of the fourth season, with Seven of Nine!

Most Helpful Girl

• Orange is the New Black, and Breaking Bad. I watched the first three or four episodes of each and didn't go back to them. Agents of S. H. I. E. L. D is another. My dad likes it, but I didn't get the appeal.

I would've said The Walking Dead too, it's been on for years and I hadn't watched it, but in the last few months I started watching it and couldn't put it down lol. I'd seen random episodes before that were on, but starting it from the beginning kept my interest, and the last episode left things on a huge cliffhanger.

What Guys Said 46

• At the moment? Any other show except for SUPERNATURAL as I really couldn't seem to get into any of them. Maybe it's because I favor antihero type of characters like Sam and Dean Winchester.

Although I'm looking forward to watching Ash vs. The Evil Dead when I have time this summer. And I'm also looking forward to watch Daredevil at some point but that is only because of The Punisher being in it.

• THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK

• @goldielocks2

I never could really get into Prisonbreak for some reason. I suppose I'll try since it's already over. Prior to Supernatural the only other show that had me hooked episode after episode was 24.

• you see 24 is something I could never get into.. I tried, it was interesting, but not enough for me to keep watching it. nonetheless, prison break, supernatural, 24 all deal with similar concepts, give it another go, you might like it.

• Breaking Bad. I watched it until season 3 I think (I stopped watching it when the distributor chicken guy took out his competition. I think it was an amazing show and definitely one of the best shows ever made and it deserves all the attention it got, however it just wasn't for me. It didn't really grab my attention, there wasn't enough mystery to it. It was just a guy growing a business, it was too predictable and it was too focused on one plot.

• funny enough my girlfriend LOVES greys anatomy and me being in med school like to watch it with her every now and then just to point out everything that's wrong with it and diagnose patients in a couple of seconds. She suprisingly finds it funny even though it would annoy the shit out of most people... one of the many reasons I love her so much hahaha

• That's awesome. I am training to be a certified nurses assistant then I will work my way up to a licensed practical nurse then possibly a registered nurse. I love to correct Greys anatomy even though it annoys my family. I do the same thing with movies adapted from books.

• both of those shows you mentioned i couldn't get into but they aren't shows i generally like

another show i couldn't get into despite so many liking it is The Walking Dead

• Seinfeld (Never laughed at anything they did), The Big Bang Theory (Just an Updated Frasier which wasn't that good either), Keeping Up With The Kardashians (Why the torture), Survivor (Who The Fuck Cares!), The Cleveland Show (Obvious Reasons), Supernatural and Vampire Diaries (Male Models pretending to act) King of Queens (Patton Oswalt and Jerry Stiller ruin everything), Everybody Loves Raymond (Not Me), House (past the first season when I realized it was just a Scrubs rip off) ), Lost Girl (Horrible idea for a "Network" show), Shameless (1 episode killed it for me) and Gotham is getting annoying.

• You want a list?
    -Walking Dead
    -Lost
    -Star Trek DS9
    -Supernatural
    -Justified
    -Buffy
    -Game of Thrones
    -Prison Break
    -Smallville
    -CSI

Stuff that I came around to:
    -Friends
    -Big Bang Theory

I prefer to be playing games (and thus an active participant) as opposed to sitting and watching.

• The Office and...*looks around cautiously*... Breaking Bad.

• Have absolutely no interest in any of the very unrealistic Reality Shows!

• Game of Thrones. The first episode misled me into thinking it was a series I could enjoy watching.. It grew way too dull after the first episode..

I know it got better after a few seasons, but I never gave it another chance.

• There was this TV Western called "Deadwood" a few years back, about the real life Black Hills mining town in the 1870s and 1880s. But it just had so much profanity, and one profanity in particular, that it became a JOKE, and only lasted three seasons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4D3UdxM3OU

• the walking dead for the simple fact gorge a Romero had some bad things to say about the show even though he helped develop it in a small way. plus im burnt out in zombie things with how they over sex the show or movie.

• Star Trek and Dr Who.
    I want to get into it but the thought that I'd have to dedicate 23 days straight (546 hours) to watch all of Star Trek or 15 and a half days for all of Dr Who , that is not a hill climb , that's Mount Olympus.

• Omg Dr. Who for me too

• Hah I'm stupid... I actually read this question and thought it meant "you lined up and waited outside all morning, but you got shut out of the studio audience anyway".

Was totally confused when the first few responses weren't game shows or talk shows.
      #LAbornandraised

• Sry didn't mean to post this on yr opinion @azgeda

• It's been said a few times already, but Game of Thrones. I see it as like this poor, overdone imitation of LOTR where GRR Martin thought Tolkien wasn't creating the perfect story because he didn't feel the need to include sibling incest.

Wish I could say more really, there are so many shows I just outright don't even attempt watching cause they don't grab me. It just all looks the same.

• Fairy Tail, One Piece, Code Geass, Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, Degrassi, the list goes on it really is endless. I don't watch TV. The only show I'm into right now is The Walking Dead and I'm two seasons behind due to the fact that I'm not a TV type kind of guy.

• Bates hotel. I think I actually watched the 1st season. It was too slow & boring. I gave up.

• I recommend you watch The Originals. It's a spin off of the vampire diaries, but the characters are sooo much better and so is the story.

• Omg most of them !!! I haven't watched TV for months and happier for it. I call it the brain drain lol

• Pretty little liars and Vampire Diaries for Me, Both of those are ones my parents and sister got into then finally gave up because they still can't find out who A is.

• I'm really not a big tv series watcher im more into movies and one of my only guilty pleasures WWE wrestling

• That's true, thats why horror movies like Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Childs Play etc... Are still so popular. They don't apologize for anything and they are badass.

• I disagree, I like villains that, from a different light, are good. Off the top of my head, I can't think of an example, but I hate the whole good vs evil thing.

• The Vampire Diares was definitely one. I liked it for the Originals, though.

Can NOT get into anime

Not the Following

Or Person of Interest

• I could never get into anything violent/bloody, having too much cursing, and things like that.
    I like shows that have clean humor, have lots on non-violent action, or are intriguing.

• Not so much not being able to get into it but rather having an EXTREMELY hard time finishing it but Breaking Bad.
    The show is very hard to watch at times

• game of thrones. I like the medieval stuff,(Vikings is really good ) just not their actors. Well vampire diaries is just too cheesy.

• How about almost everything on TV?

Only two shows like Into the Badlands or The Walking Dead (only with Glenn) have caught my eye.

• Breaking bad. I watched the first episode and had no desire to keep going.

• The only thing I'm going to say is that reality TV is bullshit and its pretty stupid.

• Name a popular TV show and I probably haven't watched it.

I mostly watch great shows that are under rated.

• Orange is the new black
    Sons of anarchy

• Start watching TVD... Wait until the original family shows up then it's delicious

• Game of Thrones. To be fair, I never watched the show, but I did try to read the book. It was god awful.

• The Walking Dead. I have zero interest in anything zombie related.

• Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, everyone loves those but I just couldn't get into them.

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 36

• Agents of Shield. I love Marvel comics and I enjoyed the films - even if I thought they were train wrecks :P - but I really couldn't get into AoS. Uh... In terms of anime rather than TV shows, Attack on Titan is supposed to be really good but I never really got into it.

• Fringe - the pseudo science wasn't believable enough and the actors were meh.

Fear the Walking Dead - completely forgettable and bland characters, couldn't make it through the 2nd episode.

Seinfeld - not a fan of sitcoms in general, this show was nothing special despite the endless praise.

Sleepy Hollow - too many factual inaccuracies and misconceptions for my comfort.

Supernatural - annoying as fuck characters; too much fanservice, not enough story (which was cliche). It's just glorified Twilight. I'm actually gutted this show was executed the way it was because paranormal and supernatural stuff HIGHLY fascinates me and I had great hopes for this show. Alas...

I wouldn't even consider watching shows like Grey's Anatomy or Vampire Diaries - those are mediocre at best, to me personally they're bottom tier.

• ANY kind of vampire/alien/supernatural type of series. I'm looking at things like "supernatural" and also Vampire diaries as examples. I prefer real life type of drama stuff. Or just comedy.

• The most recent ones for me are Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. My sister wanted me to watch both, I just couldn't seem to push myself into liking them.

• 1. The Walking Dead- for me, zombie story will only be interesting in a movie, not a series.

2. Glee - I don't know why people really love it, maybe musical series is not my thing i guess, the first 2 seasons is good, but later, it's boring with too much unnecessary drama, too much songs. again, musical story shouldn't be a series for me, people like me get bored so easily

• I couldn't get into shows like Steven Universe, The Walking Dead, Avatar the last airbender, Breaking Bad, or Game of Thrones. There;s a bunch more, but I'm too lazy to list them
    I found SU's community to be the absolute worst. I also couldn't get into its "lel so randum XD" talking. I believe the only enjoyable characters were Garnet and Lapis.
    The Walking Dead (tried the game and watched a few eps as well). Just didn't like it overall
    Everyone thinks my name is based off of the main character and frankly I've watched this show and wasted my time trying to like it.
    As for the other two they have been spoiled way too much and I don't want to put in the effort of trying to watch it.

• I love Grey's. I couldn't get into drop dead diva... think that's what it is called

• The Big Bang Theory
    Game of thrones

• most of them haha

-breaking bad
    -how to get away with murder
    -scandal
    -greys anatomy
    -pretty little liars
    -vampire diary--

u know what, how bout we list the ones i *could* get into lmfao

-game of thrones

• Game of Thrones.
    That show sometimes makes me feel dumb. And there's just something about it that doesn't click for me. I tried getting into it for like... 3 times. Never got past the first few episodes. And them killing the wolf rubbed me the wrong way too. I don't like shows that kill animals.

• This series on HBO Martin Scorsese, Mich Jagger, BIG names but it literally gave me a headache it was so bad. It's called VINYL. Complete garbage, lol

• How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory.

Neither show is funny and I never understood how they obtained the audiences they did.

• Breaking bad.

• I love vampire diaries. Almost always, it begins with a teaser to pique interest for the hour to come and ends with a cliffhanger that sets up conflict for the next episode.

• The Walking Dead, I don't get the hype behind it

• true blood :( i keep trying... but it isn't working.

• Any reality Tv show, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, and scandal

• Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones... basically all the shows that everyone loves. The only show I watch on netflix is OITNB. That's my show haha

• 99% of comedy shows

• Breaking Bad. I never made it past the first episode. It was so slow.

• Breaking bad
    Greys anatomy
    Walking dead

• Grey's Anatomy, any kind of soap opera, Lost (I watched a season and a half, and lost interest), Walking Dead, the 100.

You might give The Originals a try. It follows the Mikaelson family (the Original vampires) as they try to retake New Orleans.

• Hmm, supernatural is the main one i can think of, never fully understood the big appeal, was alright but mainly just watched it because my ex wanted me to

• What greys anatomy was one of my favorites!! I can't get into game of thrones to save my life haha I've tried so many times

• That's ok game of thrones is one of my favorites. I admit it starts off a little slow but quickly picks up.

• gossip girl is the first one that comes to mind.

• How to make a murder

I can't get into it

• Any Cop/Doctor dramas. I literally want to go insane watching them and criticize everything they do

• I feel the same about Greys Anatomy. I tried watching what many fans consider the best, most intense episode and wanted to scream when a patient's appendix burst and her nurses were discussing personal issues. If you are open to cop dramas, I recommend Bones. It's all accurate because it's based on a real live murder solving couple.

• I totally agree. There is so much sex and violence there really isn't any way to get away from it. Unless you live like the Amish.

• They haven't even escaped all violence and persecution. This world makes you want to dig a hole in the ground and never come out of it

• Seinfeld
    Sex in the City

• both of those shows you mentioned, and like Game of Thrones, and kind of vampire/alien/supernatural type of stuff...

• The Big Bang Theory

• More from Girls
    6

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more