Do you know your IQ?

IQ is a measure of pure intellectual capability. In most tests the average IQ is around 100. Below 70 is considered retarded, below 90 is slow, above 110 is above average and above 130 is considered gifted. My IQ has been estimated to be between 125 and 135. This does not mean that I am automatically a genius, because I am still naïve about some things, but it means that I have the potential to be extremely smart ( not genius level which is usually 140 and above, and I am a bit lazy about putting this to use).

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Trusting anyone on IQ online is a bit sketchy. Especially given how many fake and poorly designed tests there are.

I know that mine is high enough that I could tarnish the genius label if I wanted to but in reality you can significantly better your performances on an IQ test rather easily.
    One very important and often overlooked difference between people with impressive and mediocre scores are whether or not they committed any time to learning how to score well on IQ tests.
    In my case I had to commit significant effort to learning to look for the easiest pattern. Most of my errors when it comes to IQ tests have been due to finding more than one applicable solution to the problem. Learning what other people consider the easiest/most direction solution is always tricky.

What Girls Said 15

• i actually don't know mine.

• Yes, I know mine. I'm in the gifted category.

• No I've never tested.

• dunno, don't care

• probably a bit above average

• Mine = tested many years ago = 117.

• No I do not know my IQ number

• Most people with an IQ above 70 know better than to use the word "retarded" to describe someone's mental acumen.

• The scientific community uses the term "mental retardation" to describe the acuity such people. It is not meant to be an insult, but society has warped it so that it is an insult. I'm not using it as an insult here

• If you wish to label IQ levels, you won't find any modern tests using the "r"word.
      Sanford Binet, Cattell, Differentisl Ability Scales, California Test of Mental Maturity, etc. use terminology more like
      lyiq.psicollective.com/.../IQ-Test-Scale.png

• Because of social pressure due to the use of it as an insult. Many professionals still use the term. Again it is not being used as an insult in this sense. It is from the Latin retardare meaning slow. I would never walk up to someone and call them a retard, but in the context I might say they have mental retardation but not to degrade them.

• 6 months ago it was 146 but I don't think IQ means much

• That is an opinion that is shared by quite a few people. I generally say that there is a basis for is, but I'm not one that holds it up high as a base for everything like some people do

• I believe that it have some significance, but not as much as people put on it since there's different ways to be smart/intelligent

• Probably average most likely.

• I'm about 120-135.

• From the mensa test I've taken (though only online of course) i scored around 110, so pretty average

• My last IQ test topped out at 140. I haven't had the nerve to retest.

• no. and i wouldn't want to know, because knowing might limit my potential for learning because I might get a big head about it. I would rather just keep my ambition.

• No and thank god because honestly that's too much to care about

What Guys Said 31

• 144. But it's literally 20 years since I took the test.. My parents had me tested, because they claimed I did things children shouldn't. Though, I believe that IQ is more a measure of how quickly one learns, and adapts, rather than how smart you are.

• You understand it completely. That's why I said it's a measure of capability and not how smart you are

• There's tons of stupid buzzfeed/facebook-esque online tests that give you high scores lol its like wow I'm Elon Musk/Bill Gates-tier LOL YEAH RIGHT I WISH.

• If only those were true haha. There are plenty of real ones out there though. Mine was given to me when I was in school

• Haha ya fr. I've never had mine professionally assessed, but based on my academic performance I'm perhaps slightly above average. Definitely not significantly above average, just slightly if anything.

• It's just your IQ that day. It's not a set thing.

Anyway, I've never taken an official IQ test. I think I could for free at my uni but I'm too introverted to go over to the counseling center and ask.

• I'm sure some people will troll, but I took one my senior year that was supervised, it was a 25$ fee but I kind of wanted to see where I stood. I've gone to a college prep school most of middle school and high school career, I scored a 132...

Which is funny, because I'm not entirely smart... Don't get me wrong, I can pull good grades, but math is down the drain. I think it's more a test of logical reasoning rather than anything else like emotional and creativity IQ. Obviously that stuff isn't implemented, this is only one side of the spectrum people.

• You have the idea of it down. It is logic based. I'm sure there are creativity equivalents to IQ tests out there (which I would probably score low on)

• the average internet persons iq is between 120 and 130. according to the average internet person xD

• No because the IQ test is incredibly inaccurate, especially with older people as its initial purpose was suppose to be a projection of childrens abilities not current. The older you got the more inaccurate it became and thats before you actually get into the nitty gritty on why its so horribly inaccurate.

• Probably average.

• Yes,
    Its 133 from the last test,
    I got tested every three years in school during my three year psych eval

• 145 👍

• No i do not but im certain im retarded, lol jk i think im average I reckon.

• I've had official multi hour tests done, and scored 131.

• Yes, I had to be tested when I entered private school for 6th grade, but that was forever ago.

• no and I don't care. I did a test in school but that's a long time ago and I forgot it

• I'm not actually aware of my IQ, but I would guess something with 100 or just a tiny bit more than that.

I'm not really interested in an IQ test for some private reasons.

• 120 I guess

• I don't know, and I don't really care that much to spend the money.

• means ur book smart... not necessarily smart in other areas of "smart"...

• Yes. My IQ has been tested multiple times in school.

• I have no idea what mine is and I don't ever care to k ow.

• mine is 127. I think it's higher since I just stopped caring half way in. :P

• Were can u take a IQ test at seems fun

• There are many places. If you are out of secondary school (based on your age I can safely assume that you are), you have to pay for them. They generally run about $10

• Make sure that it is a test that is verified though, you don't want to waste your money on a fake test

• mine was 133 based on the danish test site, but i haven't tried the official test yet.

• Mine is 7
    Because thats my lucky number
    Thatsbhow this works right guys?
    I also like how everyone that posted a number is 130+ lol

• Mine is over 9000 I am jesus all hail me

• No test in the world can pinpoint someone's IQ.
    People love to believe that theirs is 140+, but thats just bullshit.
    The way talk, the way you walk, the way you type and even your posts on G@G can tell a lot about your Brains.
    My IQ? Don't know.

• Nope

• ye about 250

• I was tested at 134 two years ago. I'm already a huge show off on this site and I'm sure someone will say I'm frauding so I'll go anon 😂

• 115.

• Last time I took one I was a 120 but there was no internet back then either so who knows what I would score now

• Knowledge shouldn't affect your score. If it is a real IQ test, it is based on logic

• Well I hope I haven't lost a few points over the years , lol but yeah it should stay the same since I still think the same logically

• More from Guys
    1