Do you believe that everything balances out in the end?

Why?

• Yes
  • No
Interesting.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe everything happens for a reason. Not that "God has a master plan" etc but we MAY choose our paths but we have certain things in our life that HAS to happen for a reason.

Such as some people may go onto become a doctor, author, professional ballet dancer etc. and that may not be something that HAS to happen, but maybe the car crash at 10 or the broken heart at 21 or pregnancy at 19 may have happened for a reason.

I also believe that there cannot be one without the other.

No truth without a lie, no light without darkness, no good without evil.
    I believe that whatever happens in life, everything will work out the way it was supposed to.

• That "everything happens for a reason" is a completely, utterly, baseless belief thought up by those with extremely anthropomorphic views of the world, which are demonstrably inconsistent with reality.

• @Deconstruction Well most of the time, IDGAF, I just simply am not feeling well and not in the mood for discussing how mY belief is wrong in someone elses eyes. So, if you continue to reply, when I've nicely asked you to stop, I will block you to get you to stop.

• Sure, block me, that's according to the rules of this site's operation :D

And if you are not in the mood for discussing things, you can, you know... just not reply. Nobody is forcing you to do anything. And it is not just wrong in my eyes, your belief is unfounded on evidence, but you boldly proclaim it like it's something wise.

Therefore, happy blocking! :D May the echo chamber suit you!

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe in the end there is a very definite accounting had, and the scales of justice employed are unerringly calibrated.

• I believe you are a pink unicorn.

• You've just bitten off far too much, with the whole "deconstruction" approach,

• Now, have I? I could be wrong about many things (and am, due to the whole nature of what knowledge is and what it's based on), but nowhere close to being wrong about as many things as somebody who has gone so far out of their way to rationalize something like Christianity.

My approach to attaining knowledge is to deconstruct what I know, what can be known, and what is demonstrably known, and then piece it back together to make a more coherent picture.

Want to know where Christianity fits in? Along with other mythology. And that's it. I have no emotional connection to it so I can observe it for what it is.

I prefer to be intellectually honest and have the same standards for accepting everything. The whole "we will be rightly judged" thing is based on exactly zero evidence. It's pure faith, according to everything we can say we know about the world we live in, it also presumes other things that we can pretty much dismiss as a myth until proven to be a fact.

What Girls Said 7

• No or else I wouldn't be an unattractive teenager who lives with her mom!

• Yes because humans tend to normalize and rationalize situations that baffle us. This is the real way things "even out" in the end. We just radically accept the truth - we incorporate it into personalities and our very lives.

• Most of the time it will but there are times when it doesn't.

• ya since we all die

• Nooope, not in my universe. Why? Life's a bitch & than You die. <3

• Vote B. "Balance" is almost impossible for me. I'm an extremist. All in OR all out.

• Yes, the universe has balance Yin and yang nature too unless man tries to change it somehow and yes everything balances out in the end even when it looks like it won't.

• Energy balances out. But otherwise, in the anthropomorphic sphere, nothing really does. And there's no reason to.

What Guys Said 14

• I believe everything tries to...

• No, and there's no reason for it to. World is unfair, and has always been. Your question is vague but I presume it has to do with justice. If you're referring to game theory or energy equilibrium (which would be really weird for a site like this), then the answer would be way longer.

• Yes, yes I do.

• The Beatles explain it best:

And in the end
    The love you take
    Is equal to
    The love you make.

• No. That would be on the basis that the Universe is bent on something other than the laws of physics, which I believe is the only thing that runs this universe

• In the end we all die. Pretty balanced outcome

• no no no

• For those that deserve it yes. Not many do though.

• I believe everything improves in the end, or rather constantly.

• At a macro level, yes, at the micro, nope.

• 2 words. karma

• no, shit happens.

• Because the universe's ultimate destination is complete balance where everything is levelled into a complete mass of pure energy.

• Yeah cause we are the ones who calibrate the scales, and we set it to the average