Does anyone know anything about connecting a (2008) monitor to a (2015) laptop?

I have an old Dell brand monitor and a HP pavilion laptop (2015 version)

I'm starting a at home job and I need my laptop to connect to my monitor , my laptop has an HDMI slot

But my Dell monitor has a DVI, VGa, and AC, and audio slot

Even though these are two different brands how can I hook my Dell to my HP and how can I get audio from my laptop to my monitor as well

Most Helpful Guy

• Buy a HDMI > DVI adapted. They're relatively cheap.

Though tbh. Why are you doing that? Laptops aren't designed to be used in that manner. You do know if you do that the image on your laptop screen will be the same imagine as on your monitor? Yet you would still have to use the keyboard of your laptop so it seems pointless not to just use the screen directly in front of you?

Also. Laptops connected to monitors usually tend to suffer from some input lag.

Honestly you'd be better off just buying an actual computer with a later Nvidia card and hooking it up with a couple monitors using Nvidia surround.

• Thanks for your answer! I got offered a at home Amazon Job and if you have a laptop it has to connect to a monitor I don't know why

• I don't really see the point in it though? Your laptop has a monitor built in. It seems pointless to connect it to another monitor just to display the EXACT same image on screen? :/

at least with a computer your could have different things showing on each monitor.

Oh. And congratulations on your job. Wish you the best.

What Guys Said 7

• A good deal of money can be saved by purchasing a 2008 monitor. But you must bear in mind that once the device is itself is acquired, you must wait six years before connecting it to the laptop.

• you should be able to get a dvi to hdmi, or vga to hdmi cables, relatively cheap for PC... as for the audio... i think the cables handle that as well.

• You need an DVI-HDMI converter... i dont know if there exist.. but when it was from VGA to DVI there was. one

• i can tell you how to do it , but you better search on youtube
    u will find it.
    by the way do you hate you HP pavilion laptop or its just me?

• Adaptor

• you should be able to get a VGA to HDMI cable at your local electronics store

• Hdmi to dvi cable

What Girls Said 0