What is your definition of the word "terrorist"?

In my ongoing posts about language and subjectivity (which have been great so far) I wonder...

What is your definition of the word "terrorist"?

0|0
5|11

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone who uses fear to be heard/make a point. Fear can be physical violence or intimidation.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A person who uses intimidation or violence in the name of their religious/political beliefs

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• A person or group that says or does things to create terror in the mind of the innocents.

0|1
    0|0
  • Anyone that wants to do harm

0|1
    0|0
  • well b4 all this word bending u westerners do, i considered a terrorist someone who terrorizes!

0|1
    0|0
  • a person who commits terrorism

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• a person or persons who are using fear to undermine a group, or a certain group of individuals to instill fear in them for either a political, or religious cause

-or-

a person or persons who are trying to make a political statement to a certain group of individuals who are part of a governmental body institution.

-or-
    a brainwashed person or group of individuals who get information from a certain source, or sources, who have a message to convey, but construed it to the point where it is a slant in which its followers will receive falsehoods from the message, but changed to suit the demagogue of its followers

example: IRA (Irish Republican Army), David Koresh (Branch Dividian), Abortion Clinic Bombers, Church Bombers, UnaBomber, Oklahoma City

0|1
    0|0
  • My definition of a terrorist is a person who tries to kill numerous innocent people either just to spread fear or because they believe those people are inferior

0|2
    0|0
  • People aim to create fear among civilians by using violence.

0|1
    0|0
  • terrorizer; a person who terrorizes people. fear mongering, using fear and stuff like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • A person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims.

0|1
    0|0
  • A politicians word for anybody that opposes their will

1|1
    0|0
  • Fighters using unconventional tactics for the opposing side.

0|1
    0|0
  • The legal definition is suitable for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • An unsanctioned person or group which uses violence or threats to intimidate and coerce especially for political purposes.

When sanctioned it is called government.

0|2
    0|0