Which is more disappointing? Not getting the job? Or not getting the guy/girl?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 24

• Obviously it has to be the job, right? The job impacts my life more. So I lose one person? So what? Seeing as I don't believe in soul mates, I know that it's super likely I'll find someone else I enjoy just as much, if not more, and that will be more meaningful. If I don't get that person, then I'm alone for a little while longer. I can deal with it. If I don't get that job, then I might not be able to afford food or any of my bills and I could lose where I live and it's just more serious, y'know?

• Not getting a job I want. I always put a lot of effort into my job searches and keeping in touch after interviews, so it's disappointing to hear they didn't hire me. The worst ones are the employers who ghost on you even after you've made the effort to show you're interested in a job.

• @musicbrain5 I feel the SAME way. I put a lot of effort into it too, and then when you hear that the other candidate (s) were better, it makes you wonder how good do you have to be then?

• not getting a job ):

• Job, obviously.

You might really want that person, however there are far more romantically compatible people out there than there are dream jobs.😛

• Both are disappointing but for me it's not getting the guy. I think it's because I've never gotten a guy before... my whole life it's been no. :/ Whereas I've been lucky in getting a job. So as of now it's definitely not getting the guy because I've experienced that disappointment my whole life.

• Not getting the job for me, duh! :P

• Not getting the job. Why? Because that's supposed to be entirely objective and you get hired based on your amazing qualifications and the interview. if you nail all of it and still dont' get the job - you know it's not you and it's all just unfair. And that, in my opinion, makes it a lot worse.
    + you can survive without a gf/bf, but you can't survivie without a job...

• i already have a job and didn't have any trouble with it so: not getting the guy

• A job. You can do a lot with that money, even become more attractive
    Also people tend to have preferences, it's ok if they don't like you, you'll find someone else. But it is a little harder to find a job as desirable as the one you didn't got

• Job is worse

• Not getting the job.

• Getting the guy lol. It's a lot easier to find a job (well, a simple one) than it is to find someone who wants you lol.

• Not getting the job

• For me it's not getting the job right now
    Not getting a guy who I prolly never had isn't really a big deal

• Both lol

• The job, a good job can really change your life

• both are disappointing :(

• Not getting the guy.

• Not getting the guy. I know I'll find a job somewhere, but I don't know if I'll ever find a husband lol

• It's interesting that the females are saying it's easy to find a job, lol.

• I don't know, it can be hard to get a job. You always think you're the perfect candidate, just for them to tell you they chose the other one (s).

• I know it's hard to get one. Doesn't mean I never will. Very rarely do people say that go decades with no job. There are way more people that go decades without dating someone because they can't find anyone.

• Career.

A career will be there in 5 years, your relationship won’t.

Exactly.

• not getting the guy

• Not getting the person you want hurts a lot more I think.

• Getting the guy

• not getting the guy

What Guys Said 21

• There no competition in this... obviously job. A person can survive without some nagging partner.

• Definitely agree.

• Dude! I was just saying that to one of the girls who answered! Lol.

• shows where our priorities lie doesn't it? lol

• Not getting the job you want. Plenty of girls in the sea. Some jobs are hard to get and are not available all the time.

• You lose money chasing women, never lose women chasing money

• Not getting the job definitely impacts more! The sea is plentiful with ladyfish, so a rejection is no biggie in the grand scheme.

• Job, but either way there's always that possibility of loss. Without a job and income it's very difficult to survive unless you got what it takes to live off the land and is properly trained and prepared to live like that kind of lifestyle on your own.

I never really cared anymore about getting or having someone as I know I'd lose them eventually even if I did have them.

• not getting the job lol

• Job by far.

• both i would say, but job is more

• Girls. Honestly interviewing for internships out of business school was a pretty fun, seamless process for me. The one notable rejection was Google. That hurt my pride, but hey it's Google the odds were definitely not in my favor.

• Not getting the job. People come and go.

• JOB I am struggling for that

• Job.

• Not getting the job.

• I want a roof a car and I want to eat without those there will be no girl anyways so obviouslyyy job

• At this point in my life Love is more important... I can get work but to find true and, lasting Love well my friend it is priceless... hugz 🍀🐶🍀

• Not getting the girl, that definitely has a bigger emotional impact on me and it's easier to find a new job, well maybe the exception would be losing a presidential election.

• Definitely not getting the job because I have proven track record of getting jobs, but never succeeded with women, so I have very low expectations there.

• I don't care. I know there are better for me.

• Not getting the girl.

• Definitely not getting the girl

• Honestly, I wouldn't enjoy it if I had a good job but I wasn't a chick magnet.

I'd rather be poor and a chick magnet instead.