Going on a downward spiral how to cope?

Im jobless at the moment and I've been struggling to find work for the past 6 months and it is driving me crazy. I'm not studying at the moment (I will be next semester and I cannot wait) and all my friends do work full time or study or have partners and can hardly hang out and if they can its once a week or once every couple of weeks. I don't have a huge friend group as well and I feel I need to expand this I just don't know how I'm suppose to meet new friends when I don't really do anything is which I can meet new people.

Still getting over my ex as well and I think this is because I have so much spare time on my hands to think about him, sometimes I'm great... ill exercise, get an early night, hang out with friends other days I stay up on night over-thinking, don't want to do anything but sleep and binge watch tv programs. It sucks considering it's nearly been a year that we broke up and if it wasn't for us trying again, sleeping together and really considering getting back together a month ago this probably wouldn't be the case.

I need to to get out of this rut I'm in at the moment as its making me extremely depressed at times and I cannot take it anymore. I don't know what to do

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like what you need right now is a healthy schedule and a dose of routine. Use this as a positive chance to enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a schedule that is not dominated by work and school. I recommend putting yourself on a really good schedule where you do yoga, go for a run, go boxing, or do some kind of physical fitness, fill your mind with new knowledge by reading books, perhaps learn a language, try learning how to sew or crochet, do volunteer work, maybe even start a flower and/or vegetable garden. I'm not sure what your living situation is, but if you are fortunate enough to stay at home while you find a job, then take advantage of that opportunity and the freedom that comes with that opportunity. Maybe sell some old clothes for some extra cash or see if you have any friends who would be willing to compensate you for helping them out around the house.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Try to be patient with yourself. You're just going through a dry season of life so what you need to do is make sure that you plant seeds that will be great for your future despite what's going on in the present.

• Enjoy college! Don't overthink not having a job. There are plenty of jobs which you can get now or later. Try fast food, or talk to your professors you could be a TA, or you could drive for UBER or Lyft. You need a hobby. Try something that you have always wanted to try but never had the time to. You'll meet new people and you won't have to worry about past coming up killing your mood.