What would you say if a 16 year old girl told you she's raising her niece?

I'm basically raising my niece I watch her everyday I feed her , get her dressed, changer , rock her to sleep. I'm like her mom and I'm only 16 what would you say if you heard that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be kind of sad about it because I know something bad had to happen for that to be the case. Somebody was abused, or died, or somebody's partner left them with a child, etc.

However, I'd probably see that person in a wholly different light, as somebody sweet who cares and sacrifices for others even before reaching the adult age. The joys of childhood will be replaced by the joys of caring for another human being, which is kind of depressing but beautiful at the same time.

My lady has cared for her grandpa for years before moving out to study (and him dying), she's a very sweet and sacrificial person and I want to marry her, knowing she'd make a terrific and caring mother and wife.

So don't worry about it, if you say this to somebody at least remotely decent, they are more likely to think highly of you :)

• I try to keep it on a low because most people when I go to stores think she's mine and I don't want the attention I was just wondering how people will react because when I get a boyfriend after she's is okay and I will be able to watch her a little less I can give him attention while having her so that why I ask... thanks by the way

• Hopefully you can find somebody who'll treat you as well as you treat your niece :) I really find it sad when people who give up a lot on their own do not get what they deserve.

• Its life its what happens not everything is fair

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd wonder where the little girls parents were... But I'd say I have a lot of respect for you for stepping up and caring for her. I'm glad she has you.

What Guys Said 4

• Pretty common for people with low socioeconomic backgrounds.
    What happened, the mother declared unfit to raise the child? Drug user or something?

• No she's out at races and stuff and the baby daddy is a cheater who my sister the mom is trying to make it work and I jus have the baby

• I basically raised her as well

• Pretty muture and cute ^_^

• That you love kids and you'll be a good wifey :P

• She should be studying and hanging out with friends. Why is she raising someone else's kid?

What Girls Said 0