Religious people do you think a good person who doesn't believe in your religion deserves to go to hell?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe in helI. I don't believe good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell.

• Key word "I believe", not what the Creator said or gave up to follow.
      A human who can sin and make mistakes, not the one who created you.

Why don't you believe that get what they have earned in good and bad?
      "So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it, And whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it."

• Thanks for the MHO

What Girls Said 20

• absolutely not. no one is entitled to say where someone will or won't go. that's not their job. they are just meant to live their lives according to what their religion asks. while there are areas of scripture that do mention the fate of those who dont believe, i'm 100% certain that God, in his nature as a just god, is gracious enough to fully determine a life in a way no human mind can, or should dare to comprehend.

• they probabLY DO! ):

• Being a good person dose not get you in to paradise, paradise belongs to the Lord of all that exists. He gave up what we need to do to go to paradise and told us what to stay away from or you end up in hell.
    I good person is not always good and be full of sin and ungratefulness to the Creator.

What is see as a good person is not a good person in the eyes of the Creator, that person may look good to you but in reality that person is a wicked.

• I just wish they would stop preaching at me cause all I want to do is break their jaw to shut them up

• If you don't agree with me you will go to hell. That includes your religion, your views on chemistry, your views on whether the standard model of physics exists, if you put ketchup on your hotdog,, vote for Donald Trump, masturbate on a Friday night, and a whole bunch of other things – you will go to hell

• That is not how you go to hell that is what Christians added to Christianity.

• @PrinceOfCrows that is what you believe it that is not the true definition of going to hell is as told in Venusonian Pluanthians chapter 4 section 5 paragraph six line 7

• I am just here to read the opinions. I am atheist so I am going to hell in every religion. And it's all because I believe in science over something that does not have factual evidence.

• Nope

• Hell no!

• it's all God's work. I personally believe, good people will be judged and considered all their good deeds, regardless whatever religion they are. God know it all

• I take from your picture you are Muslims, your statement is false.
      Allah in the Qur'an says who will enter paradise and who will enter hell.
      Only people who believe in Allah, his messengers, and the last day.
      "And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers (people of the fire). (3:85)"

• @PrinceOfCrows yup, I know. That's why I said, "I personally believe"

• Nobody 'deserves' to go to hell, but some people choose to

• Of course not. I say that as a proud Christian.

• Its not my decision to make

• I'm not religious. :D

• I believe in god but i never grew up going to church so I know very little. I think if your a good person then you won't go to hell

• of course not. i think anyone that does the right thing and lives a life of respect and good will will be fine

• NO of course not, I do not condemn people to hell, people condemn themselves to hell

• Nah.

• I wouldn't think of anyone in that way.

• No I don't think so. People have the right to believe in whatever version of the story they want. As long as they believe in something... But I don't even think people who don't believe should go to hell. I don't know I think that there's good in all of us we just have to uncover it

• i don't think people that don't believe in God deserve to go to hell exactly BUT they do deserve a smack! Please tell me , why would you not believe in your own father? He gave us all the joy and beauty of life. Do me a favor and look around - at all of the trees, stars, how we're perfectly made etc. We should all thank God daily. it's just not right how some people shun God their whole lives.

What Guys Said 10

• Challenging question, no I don't think they deserve it, and I don't spend much time thinking about it. Like Ghandi as example... good guy... hell?

I go to church and have for 16yrs. I don't view myself as "religious" (e. g. process, you gotta do this, do that) but that I find value in the wisdom in the Bible and the truths taught if you dig for them and I believe the view is right for the human condition. It conveys the condition and solution all so well for being 8000yrs old. It isn't important what I think but what you think but here's my view. So whether it is allegorical or physical reality isn't so relevent to me as is it is on target.

I don't focus so much on going to hell, I focus on being loving, genuine. In the end, isn't love what everyone really wants once everything else washes away? When I'm loving and I make a difference, I feel right. When I'm not, I feel bad. I'm not talking sex which is a subset for mating, but genuine care/concern, real connection with others. If you don't know what love is, I'll try to explain it... some people have had such tough lives in a flawed world they've never seen it.

God is love (by Bible definition) and wants connection with us (male and female). By not accepting a connection that is offered to us (I'll avoid the whole issue of why is there wrongs and suffering here for now), we are in effect rejecting "God" ... love. A person that consciously rejects it, I'd say does deserve it, they got what they chose! A little child who had no chance, nope, I don't buy they go to hell. They certainly may have lived in hell and sufferred within the "fucked uppedness" of this world if they didn't have love around them!

The Bible (e. g. the book) says we as human kind chose freedom from God and that God wants connection with us. Possibly allegory... I don' know. The way to re-connect with him is via Jesus who demonstrated Gods love for us and by believing, we are freed from enslavement to our selfish interests and freed to express connection to God... love... and love others... connection!

There is some theological (e. g. how do you interpret what was said) going on with people and many diff views. I think often the concepts here are used to control human behavior (probably with some merits). This subject goes deeper than I've touched on here if you think further about love between people.

• Note that Jesus took a thief in the last moments of his suffering misery in this world.. and said "today you will be with me in paradise!". He didn't tell the other thief being crucified (murdered horribly) that he was going to hell or try to sell him on the concept. It's basically an open invitation as I read it... I guess its like an invitation to a great party... you can go or you can ignore it and accept what you mis out on?

• People who doesn't believe what I know, simply haven't been made aware yet. Though.. I'm not really religious, and all I need it for them to being willing to listen, time of acceptance is irrelevant. Earth is both hell, and the heaven of which they speak, going there is naught but a fresh start, rather than a punishment.

• I don't think so because 1) I'm not God and 2) because of bad examples on the part of believers, rough upbringing, or other things like that, some people don't believe in it.

• It is not that they think that you, me or anyone else 'deserves to go to hell', it is that the religious book that they follow tells them that anyone who does not follow their particular imaginary sky friend, in the exact particular way that they do, is going to hell for all of eternity.

• Of course they don't deserve it but a lot of bad things happen to good people all the time, this is really no different in that aspect. They don't deserve it but it's sad and unfortunate either way.

• do you believe that people who don't believe in god go to hell?

• @sparkly-crystal LGBTQ can practice if they want but our pastors better be teaching them the truth and that is that no gay or transgender person can ever enter the gates of heaven so long as they practice that kind of life style. And they are no Christians not unless they renounce that lifestyle.

Identifying and being on are two different things

• @sparkly-crystal he knows what he's talking about he's met God before and God told him this smh

• I don't care what anyone else believes in. That's not my problem and I'm not going to spend a second of my life thinking or worrying about it

• No, but without first knowing christ as your savior you can't be a good person. This is because everybody is born with a sinful nature.

• I don't think that they deserve it. I don't really identify as a Christian even though I believe in God. Because when people say I'm a Christian so I can't be friends with them it makes me mad. I've read the bible I've read the Quran and I've read kabalah. They all have the same basic principals. Love God love your self and love your neighbor. As for me I live like that and so should everyone else even if thy don't have a religion.

• The Qur'an tells you how to enter paradise and stay from hell, what an evil abode.

It's not about loving your, you are to be kind to your neighbor. Saying loving your neighbor, means love them even if their a wicked person, and Allah does not love the wicked people and you should not love them either.

I am not picking a fight just, correcting your statement.

• im a muslim and i dont think like that.

• "And whoever desires other than Islam as religion - never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers. (3:85)"

You yourself should be-careful not all Muslims will enter paradise.
      The Prophet (sal Allaahu alaiyhi wa sallam) said: “The Jews split into 71 sects, and the Christians split into 72 sects, and this nation will split into 73 sects, all of them in the Fire except one and it is that which is upon what I and my Companions are upon today.”

What is see as a good person is not a good person in the eyes of the Allah , that person may look good to you but in reality that person is a wicked.
      Learn more about Islam, your 24 years old and know a little, do you want to be of the people of the fire, what an evil abode.

"Indeed mankind, to his Lord, is ungrateful. (100:6) And indeed, he is to that a witness. (100:7)" Don't be of the people who are ungrateful.

• @PrinceOfCrows by the way are you muslim?

• Yes I am Muslim.

• If they are strong in their faith, and try to follow what the bible says, they do. Otherwise they are going against the will of God. The people that think all good people go to heaven, don't have a strong biblical understanding of God. I am not trying to bash religion, but there are a lot of ethical issues in the bible that modern society simply ignores because they can't accept it.

• The Bible was changed by man, most of the Bible today is made-up.
      The Bible does not ignore the issues cause they were added or taken out by man.
      Their is only a little bit of truth left in the Bible.