Is food really ever wasted?

sure restuarants don't use everything, but once that food is brought to a landfill, wouldn't it be eaten by some organism if not a animal, then that organism is eaten and the cycle continues.

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems like a waste when there's millions of hungry humans out there who would love that

• yea, but millions of people wouldn't be suffering if our world was not so dam over populated

Most Helpful Guy

• if you really wanna take it that far.

it's like saying, "nothing is free", fucking crazy ass economics professors who never let shit go. yeah i know it takes my own energy to get into the car and fucking spend money on gas to drive to the fucking new chipotle that opened up to get a free burrito, REAL FUCKING SMART ANSWER!

but seriously, just keep things simple, otherwise you end up like that econ prof or some philosophy enthusiast lol.

• haha , he does have a point there. But if you were going to eat out anyways, might as well go get the free Burrito.

• exactly lol. i see both sides of it, but i don't even wanna bother taking it that far, i just want a free burrito lol.

What Girls Said 3

• When people talk about "wasting food", it refers to humans wasting food. As in, that food won't be eaten by humans. Wasting food in and of itself isn't an issue. But the issue lies in the fact that that food has to come from somewhere. If we throw away a significant amount of food, we'll need more land, water, and other resources than if we wasted less food. Using land, water, and other resources is very taxing on our planet and we're running out of resources like fresh water.

• Yes it's wasted. Maybe there is a cycle but I think it's absolutely disgusting how much food the restraurants I've worked at just throw out.

• not in my house

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know how, but I found myself on some blog site called shower thoughts? On the site a guy posted a comment that said food never really goes bad, it just means something else started eating it before you. I thought that was hilarious, but true.

• wait but for my question , I don't think any animal eats mold.

• I'm agreeing with what you said about possibly a organism eating it. Mold is technically a living organism that's eating the food, so it's not actually being wasted.

• But it's wasted energy to put the food in that form.