Do you think, Africa could get industrialized completely some day?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (Please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• It's already on its way to industrialisation. But I think you and I look at it differently.
    Industrialisation:
    "Industrialisation or industrialization is the period of social and economic change that transforms a human group from an agrarian society into an industrial one, involving the extensive re-organisation of an economy for the purpose of manufacturing."
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrialisation

So, in some terms, quite a few places are idustrialised but by private companies and exerting the population. Diamonds, gold, oil, wood, blah blah blah. The thing we need to look for is teaching them how to do it themselves, for themselves without third parties and helping them erect better goverments and resolving firefights between the tribes or nations or whatever the reasons are they are fighting...
    Once we stabilize their production, goverments and the mentality of the people, things will start to shape up. Untill then, transporting machines and dumping them in front of them won't do nothing...
    Neither will sending food to them. They need to be independant.
    Give a man a fish and he won't be hungry for a day.
    Teach a man how to fish and he will never be hungry again.

What Girls Said 2

• It could, but I hope it doesn't. There should be some place to remain natural and beautiful, instead of polluted, crowded, industrialized cities.
    Essential amenities, I want them to improve: like bathroom... but I really don't want it to develop completely into a jungle of concrete... that would be sad.
    Another lost habitats for animals, another jungle lost to mankind :(

• did you consider the people who are doomed to live there?

• I don't think it's something as dramatic as "doomed"... it depends on their situation.
      And I did consider it.
      That's why I said that it should be modernized in the sense that they have: clean water, bathroom facilities, fans/ecologically safe AC.
      But I think, it's something that can be enjoyed.

• Anything is possible but it's a long way from that

What Guys Said 7